Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #16
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Happened here aswell.
And here -- just the one time (yesterday).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:42 AM   #17
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
I've had the problem once since updating to the new firmware (2 weeks ago).
I never had it before the upgrade, but I used the Cybook for only two weeks before upgrading the firmware, it's not long enough to be very significant.
I forgot to mention it, but it happened again a few hours after writing the above message ....
Stop mentioning it, or it will happen again to you as well
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2008, 04:58 AM   #18
ADSR
Cyreader
ADSR began at the beginning.

I've experienced a lockup at the booting screen as well yesterday. Firmware 708 here and it never happened to me before so far... (but it probably will again )
ADSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:40 AM   #19
CiaraG
Enthusiast
CiaraG began at the beginning.

I've also experienced this. Has happened on at least 3 occasions with the new Gen 3 / 708 firmware. Used the reset button each time to fix. Didn't note whether is was after an auto power off or not. Will try and note that next time it happens.
CiaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:49 AM   #20
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
I forgot to mention it, but it happened again a few hours after writing the above message ....
Stop mentioning it, or it will happen again to you as well
I had it again yesterday ... 4 times !!
In fact, it happened twice during the day, but each time it locked up again after I did the reset. Only a second reset managed to let it boot correctly.

I've reinstalled 708 this morning, we'll see if the increase in frequency was due to some corrupted data.
Advert
Old 07-16-2008, 06:08 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I wonder why some people are experiencing this issue and not others? Has anyone had a reply from Bookeen about the issue?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #22
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I wonder why some people are experiencing this issue and not others?

Probably for the same reason that some people, like me, never had any problem with losing the the position in a book and creating bookmarks. And other people have it al the time.

You calculate the number of keystrokes per forthnight multiplied by the local room temperature in degrees Réaumur divided by Christmas eve. If that number is a prime, you will get a problem

Last edited by Ortep; 07-16-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #23
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Has anyone had a reply from Bookeen about the issue?
I haven't contacted them yet about this, but I'll try and contact them when I have more time (2 weeks from now), to try and see if I can reproduce it or narrow down the causes.

Last edited by Gaurnim; 07-16-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #24
Alan
Connoisseur
Alan began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
My ¢2:

It (lockup at booting screen) happened to me only once so far after updating the firmware to 708. But on the other hand I am only using my Cybook occasionally.

Alan
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #25
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Just to add my voice: it has happened to me twice so far.

The second time was after I had left the Cybook charging (and turned off), I stored some new books in the SD card with an external card reader, inserted the card and then turned the Cybook on. I believe it was similar the first time.

In both cases I pressed the reset button, extracted the card, turned the Cybook on, it went to the library screen without problems, and then inserted the card.

Mine is a 64MB Cybook.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:00 AM   #26
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Well, I haven't had a single lockup so far since my batteries went empty on me about a week ago. After recharging everything just works. Content of both device memory and SD card are the same.

This is pretty wierd.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:14 AM   #27
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Happened twice so far since the upgrade. A reset always cleared it. Filesystem on SD and internal memory is flawless.
I have a new CyBook with 512MB internal memory
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:30 AM   #28
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I have had this 'freeze' occur on 3 occasions in the last week. I upgraded to 708 the day the firmware was released so it's been in use for a while.

The reset-button has always cured the problem.

EDIT : I have e-mailed Bookeen about this; because I also have coincident bookmark loss and last-page-memory failure everytime I re-charge the battery...

Last edited by GeoffC; 07-26-2008 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Contacting Bookeen...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #29
helten
helten is on a distinguished road

Device: None
I've also experienced it a bunch of times - and have only had the device for a week. And most of the times it happens when I'm bragging about my new hardware and showing people how smart it is...and then it wont even boot, which is kind of embarrassing
helten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:40 AM   #30
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I have had this 'freeze' occur on 3 occasions in the last week. I upgraded to 708 the day the firmware was released so it's been in use for a while.

The reset-button has always cured the problem.

EDIT : I have e-mailed Bookeen about this; because I also have coincident bookmark loss and last-page-memory failure everytime I re-charge the battery...
I am thus advised by Bookeen....

Dear Sir,

You can follow this procedure to reflash your Cybook.

Please note that:

- This will fully reformat the Cybook internal memory.

- Beforehand, you might wish to save your Cybook eBook/Picture/Music files to be able to restore them later.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boot, firmware, freeze, hang, update