Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
danmcco
danmcco began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Can you sort by DRM and no DRM

I would like to add a column that shows whether the book is DRM'd or one of the free books I have. Is there a way to do this?
danmcco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
AFAIK the only way to tell if a book has DRM from within calibre is to try to open the book in the viewer, or try to convert the book.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcco View Post
I would like to add a column that shows whether the book is DRM'd or one of the free books I have. Is there a way to do this?
Use the Quality check plugin to check for DRM.
Then use the Results (select all) and do a bulk Metadata edit to set your field value.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Learned something new
Thanks
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Learned something new
Thanks
Helen
Calibre has many ways to get to your destination.
The problem is to find a GPS that shows the route
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
danmcco

What do I select from Quality Check?

Then use the Results (select all) and do a bulk Metadata edit to set your field value.

Yes but what do I select from the quality check dropdown menu?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
danmcco

Sorry -- I found it

Thanks for your help theducks.

Dan
Old 02-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I apparently have this plugin installed, but can't figure out how to set it off - I don't know where the icon for it is, or which menu it would be on. Is there some way to reconfigure this plugin to install the icon on the main menu or something like that? Without having to uninstall it and reinstall it, that is.

ETA: I found it - it's apparently only visible when I have my Kindle plugged in. but it will only check ePubs for DRM, not mobis.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
ETA: I found it - it's apparently only visible when I have my Kindle plugged in. but it will only check ePubs for DRM, not mobis.
You can configure under Preferences->Look and Feel->Toolbars which menus icons appear on. There are two variatns of the main menu - one for when a device is connected and another for when it is not.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I apparently have this plugin installed, but can't figure out how to set it off - I don't know where the icon for it is, or which menu it would be on. Is there some way to reconfigure this plugin to install the icon on the main menu or something like that? Without having to uninstall it and reinstall it, that is.

Mobi

You can always reconfigure Toolbars via Preferences.
Rememberr there are 2 variations (disconnected and Connected)