Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
jason591
jason591 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can I buy this one

http://ca./kindle?ref=fa8906756da99405a59dcb79ab900941

Last edited by pshrynk; 02-12-2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Link to probable illegal site disabled.
jason591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:25 AM   #2
ill_dawg
21st Century Digital Boy
ill_dawg began at the beginning.

Device: HTC TyTN 2, onyx boox
You can definitely give your money to them if you never want to see it again. If you want to throw away $70, you could even give it to me. But if you really want to get a kindle you're probably better off going to amazon for a real one.
ill_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
somnolik
Technophile
somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.somnolik is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
call me paranoid, but this seems a bit pyramidesque...

from their terms & conditions:
Quote:
6. Referrals

User's must obtain five referrals as part of the Checkout Process. A referral will only be associated to a user if that referral registers for a new account from the referral link provided to the user within the referrals page. User's must use this link to obtain referrals. Each referral is required to complete the payment and the one offer in order to be considered a "complete referral" and count against the five required referrals. All referrals must be new users who have not used this website before.
i'd rather not buy there...
somnolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #4
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
Incorrect grammar and spelling are more frequently associated with scams than with genuine deals ("User's"? And it's misspelled more than once!)
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:20 AM   #5
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
Ha, come to think of it, with Jason591 being a new member, and that his only post, he may not be seeking advice as much as publicizing this scam!
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #6
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineNH View Post
Ha, come to think of it, with Jason591 being a new member, and that his only post, he may not be seeking advice as much as publicizing this scam!
Bingo

There is a good 90% chance that is correct....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:02 AM   #7
jason591
jason591 began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks guys ,it is on line shopping ,i never did before, no comments or reviews about this website .what I need is simple cheap ebook reader device with dictionary ,any recommendation ?

Last edited by jason591; 02-12-2010 at 09:53 AM.
jason591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I disabled the link, since it looks to be of questionable moral value, if not illegal.

Jason, i would recommend that you browse through the threads here and get to know some of the folks who post here and you will get loads of suggestions on which reader might be right for you.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Jason, let us know where you are from, and what you like to read.

That will help a lot in being able to recommend something for you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote