Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
Converting from .doc to .pdf. to .lrf????

I need some help from the hive mind.

I'm attempting to convert my AP US History notes so that I can use them in my PRS-300. I attempted to move the .doc but calibre won't read it. Then I try to save the .doc to .pdf, I have a TOC etc. I then convert the .pdf to .lrf. I can see the TOC, and it is hot, BUT when I click on it I get a flash and it stays in position. The TOC works in the .doc as it should. I haven't tried the .pdf TOC yet, I'm bouncing between messing with this and lecturing.

Some hints would be appreciated.

Mods if I'm in the wrong forum please move me. TIA

Mitchell
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
I am far from an expert but from what I have read so far, you might want to convert your .doc file into a HTML file. Then try converting it. I am sure much more knowledgeable people will be along to help but that was what sprung to mind first of all.
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
tnronin
Zealot

I hadn't thought of that. I'll give that a try. thanks.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
tnronin
Zealot

Worked like a charm. Unless someone else has something I'll go with that. THANKS!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Great glad it worked mate Hopefully getting my PRS 505 tomorrow and putting serious thought into buying a scanner to get my hundereds of paperbacks into digital form and its good to know that this methods seems to work.
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
You definitely don't want to use PDF as an intermediate format if you can at all help it, at least not if you want a working ToC.

For a scanned book, AFK, I'd go with pdflrf on the scans, unless you've got some really great OCR software.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
You can use BookCreator v3.0 to create eBooks like LRF/ePUB, MOBI, etc....

BookCreator is essentially turning the word doc into HTML then using calibre to convert the book, but it removes all the middle steps to just one button click

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
tnronin
Zealot

I read somewhere that the rtf format works also. It doesn't for me. LOL
Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnronin View Post
I read somewhere that the rtf format works also. It doesn't for me. LOL
Correct TOC, tables, images do not work with RTF.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote