Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
migge
migge began at the beginning.

Device: none
Issues building Madshelf on Ubuntu

Hi,

I only want to explain some issues that I have found compiling Madshelf on Ubuntu 9.04. Maybe can be useful for other people.

I'm installing madshelf as explained at http://openinkpot.org/wiki/MadShelf. I don't have an e-book reader, so I'm doing that for using it in my Ubuntu desktop as a test platform. Because that, I'm compiling directly on my environment and not in the chrooted one.

The wiki page sais that libsqlite3-dev and libextractor-dummy are needed to build it. I want to note that compilation had asked me for echoicebox and eoi packages too. If that is correct maybe wiki page can be updated.

After all packages required are installed, I have had some problems to compile Madshelf. Compilation throws some warnings that stops the process. The warnings are like this one and are repeated for all asprintf calls:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
file_context_menu.c: In function ‘_draw_item_handler’:
file_context_menu.c:186: error: ignoring return value of ‘asprintf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result

I haven't look for the compiler flag to ignore this warning, I suppose it has one. At the moment I have write some " int count = " before every asprintf just for test.

After solving this issue, application compiles and seems to work fine. At least it opens the main window. I will do more tests later.

See U.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Interesting. You can just remove -Werror from compilation flags (src/Makefile.am), this flag is overly strict.

If you find any instructions are out-of-date, just go ahead and fix them, it's a wiki after all
Advert