Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
wdi
wdi began at the beginning.

Device: asus transformer; kindle touch
Amazon Pre-order: A Comedy of Who Cares?

I am still waiting for the Kindle Touch that I pre-ordered on October 1, and the Kindle Fire that I pre-ordered on October 2. The tracking is showing that they weren't shipped until Novembe 17 from Phoenix (I live in New Jersey) with an estimated delivery of November 28.

On a side note: the additional Touch that I ordered on October 5 as a gift was delivered to the recipient last week.

So I contacted Amazon customer service, 1st by chat and then by email, and asked what the point was of pre-ordering when I could have bought them locally last week and not have to wait until the end of the month.

The response I get is a "how to tutorial" on understanding tracking numbers.

I reply that I already understood how to track shipments and that my question is not being answered. I further explain that I feel that Amazon has engaged in false marketing by stating that shipments would be prioritized by the date the orders were placed. No response.

So, I guess the lesson learned is that pre-ordering from Amazon doesn't mean squat. Oh well, maybe I expect too much from a company that claims to be the most customer-centric entity on the planet.
wdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdi View Post
that made me laugh out loud.

Sorry, that sounds totally annoying. I hope you get it soon.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Poor thing. It'll be all better.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
That is a bummer, sounds like you lost your place in line.

I have had similar frustrations with the Amazon customer service chat. It took me saying the same thing about 6 times over before I got a real answer and not a canned response that had nothing to do with my question.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Yep, life is unfair.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Cancel order and buy locally. If they don't accept cancellation anymore, send back unopened.
Include in your reasons why you cancelled the bad replies you get from customer service. I do this all the time now because I've only been getting scripted replies from monkeys these days. It takes a week and several attempts to have someone really answer your question, which is as long as any other company willing to assist their customers, nothing special anymore...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
that seems odd. My pre-order came a week ago on the 15th and my 2nd touch(replacement, ordered last Friday) is scheduled for delivery today.
I would just cancel the order and buy it locally if I were you.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
The tracking is showing that they weren't shipped until November 17 from Phoenix (I live in New Jersey) with an estimated delivery of November 28.
I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long for your new Kindles. Which shipping company did Amazon use for your order? If it's UPS, where does tracking say the package is right now?
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #9
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Quote:
I am still waiting for the Kindle Touch that I pre-ordered on October 1, and the Kindle Fire that I pre-ordered on October 2. The tracking is showing that they weren't shipped until Novembe 17 from Phoenix (I live in New Jersey) with an estimated delivery of November 28.

On a side note: the additional Touch that I ordered on October 5 as a gift was delivered to the recipient last week.

So I contacted Amazon customer service, 1st by chat and then by email, and asked what the point was of pre-ordering when I could have bought them locally last week and not have to wait until the end of the month.

I reply that I already understood how to track shipments and that my question is not being answered. I further explain that I feel that Amazon has engaged in false marketing by stating that shipments would be prioritized by the date the orders were placed. No response.

So, I guess the lesson learned is that pre-ordering from Amazon doesn't mean squat. Oh well, maybe I expect too much from a company that claims to be the most customer-centric entity on the planet.

Perhaps your complaint would be better served on the Amazon boards posted with your real name for a legitimate response from Amazon...

Last edited by Cpl Punishment; 11-22-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Softer....
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Customer service via chat + customer service via email = teh suck. Don't bother... why does anybody bother with these worthless services?

Customer service via phone = da bomb!... in minutes... sometimes almost instantaneous. Why don't people get this?

If you want answers... CALL THEM!! Humans are there just dying to talk to you!
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
wdi
wdi began at the beginning.

Device: asus transformer; kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
Perhaps your first post should have been on the Amazons boards with your name....
Tell me, would it be appropriate on my second post to ask what's an "Amazons boards"?
wdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #12
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Customer service via chat + customer service via email = teh suck. Don't bother... why does anybody bother with these worthless services?

Customer service via phone = da bomb!... in minutes... sometimes almost instantaneous. Why don't people get this?

If you want answers... CALL THEM!! Humans are there just dying to talk to you!
I agree 100% They even ask if you want them to call you and when. Its great service!

Although, I have also dealt with Amazon CS via email and had absolutely no problems.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Tell me, would it be appropriate on my second post to ask what's an "Amazons boards"?

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_...ref_=sv_kinc_7
Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #14
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
Whhhhaaa......... Perhaps your first post should have been on the Amazons boards with your name....
Why the hostility? Seems to me he has a very valid complaint.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #15
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
Why the hostility? Seems to me he has a very valid complaint.
I am anything but a Kindle Fan boy, (Im a Mac Fan Boy)but a very first posting to a community of ebook reader(s) was to bash a product doesn't pass the smell test.....I merely suggested he make his complaint to the place where it would matter, but I believe real names must be utilized to post there...but your right, it doesn't read well..I will edit it....

BTW..No hostility involved..I like the quote of your signature and inspired me to read A Burnt Child now....Thanks !!

Last edited by Cpl Punishment; 11-22-2011 at 09:58 PM.