Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
oopsididitagain
Banned
oopsididitagain began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
Costume book cover?

I have purchased some books elsewhere, and when I transfer them to vox, their covers disappear? But if use calibre, I can see there's a Cover.jpg? Is there anyway to solve it?
oopsididitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
oopsididitagain
Banned

never mind, i just figured it out=D
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
Did you sideload the jpg file too as that is what I did for all of mine but I have a few that don't see covers.
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
oopsididitagain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannont View Post
Did you sideload the jpg file too as that is what I did for all of mine but I have a few that don't see covers.
I'm pretty new to android and Kobo, so I didn't really have a clue what I was doing...

To get the book cover, you can use "calibre"(Google it and you will find the download link)
Add the books that you wanna create covers into calibre, and right click the books, then choose "convert books" -> "convert individually" -> make sure the cover is the one that you want, otherwise you can find the one you want online and choose "change cover image", make sure the output format is epub and finally you can click "OK"

The output will appear on the same file of the original book, to access, click "opening containing file" of the book

sounds complicated, but it's very easy to do
Old 11-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you convert the file--as above--you will have a Calibre style sheet. In the past, that has limited some of the text adjustments you can do with the Kobo Touch. We don't have those features yet on the Vox Kobo app (like margins, for example), but chances are we will.

Using the Kobo driver (as opposed to the one the Vox seems to use), you could add covers without invoking the Calibre style sheet by adding covers only as a metadata choice when you click on edit metadata. I don't know if it works with the driver we are using currently.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox and original Kobo
I've converted a couple of my own children's stories to epub and created covers. Kobo finds and loads them into my library nicely, but no cover. Cover shows in Calibre just fine. Tried epubfixer but it can't seem to recognize my epub! Arrggh.

I hope this issue with non-store-bought book covers not showing is just a temporary glitch. It shouldn't be this hard.
cindiaugustine is offline   Reply With Quote