Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
moving from k3 to pw: I didn't think I'd miss it

but I really miss the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. It's nice to have the time left in chapter, and at least it still gives me the percent done, but I really liked that visual bar with the dots for completed on it.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
but I really miss the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. It's nice to have the time left in chapter, and at least it still gives me the percent done, but I really liked that visual bar with the dots for completed on it.
<sigh> I only wish for page numbers at the bottom of the screen, like on my Sony reader, everything else is a gimmick and should be options.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
<sigh> I only wish for page numbers at the bottom of the screen, like on my Sony reader, everything else is a gimmick and should be options.
It does seem so weird that they do not let you select them as one of the display options and can only see them when you open up the main menu.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Since I received my PW last year, my K3 has gathered dust in a drawer .... I don't even think about it anymore ...

[Also in the drawer - the dozens of reading lights I bought & discarded to use with the K3 - I think I need a yard sale]

I tend to keep the older Kindle models as "throw-aways" - I unregister them and use them on trips where a reader could get lost/stolen - emergency runs to the hospital/dentist - involving lots of stressful time in waiting rooms - or trips where a reader might get left behind. I load them up with familiar re-reads (Nero Wolfe, Ngaio Marsh, Agatha Christie) that are soothing. But if one gets lost - no big deal.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
I mostly miss the actual keyboard, more than anything.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I can get used to the virtual keyboard - I don't use it that much anyway. What I do find I miss is the page forward button on the left side.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I think I can get used to the virtual keyboard - I don't use it that much anyway. What I do find I miss is the page forward button on the left side.
You do know that a simple tap will do that right? Holding from the left side just tap the screen toward the middle of the screen to go to the next page.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #8
BeccaPrice
Wizard

Yeah, but I guess I have short thumbs, because half the time I reach over and turn the page backward by mistake.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Yeah, but I guess I have short thumbs, because half the time I reach over and turn the page backward by mistake.
Darn right. Small hands NEED page turn buttons I know...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Darn right. Small hands NEED page turn buttons I know...
I have very small hands and have no problems with turning the PW pages.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have very small hands and have no problems with turning the PW pages.
Same here, I don't have any trouble at all. Hmm.. maybe we're holding it a bit differently.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #12
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Or you can just swipe to turn the page.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 AM   #13
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Since I received my PW last year, my K3 has gathered dust in a drawer .... I don't even think about it anymore ...

[Also in the drawer - the dozens of reading lights I bought & discarded to use with the K3 - I think I need a yard sale]

I tend to keep the older Kindle models as "throw-aways" - I unregister them and use them on trips where a reader could get lost/stolen - emergency runs to the hospital/dentist - involving lots of stressful time in waiting rooms - or trips where a reader might get left behind. I load them up with familiar re-reads (Nero Wolfe, Ngaio Marsh, Agatha Christie) that are soothing. But if one gets lost - no big deal.
poohbear hunched its slight body closer to the last burning embers of the little fire as the cold wind swept through the black brooding forest all around. Enough charge remained in the faithful old Kindle to be able to read:
"poohbear hunched its slight body ..."
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 AM   #14
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
I miss the Go to Next Chapter feature...
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #15
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I have no problem turning the pages with my right hand. It's turning them with my left hand (which is also holding the paperwhite) that's the problem, if my right hand is busy doing something else.

Maybe it'll get easier when my cover gets here.