Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #1846
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
I've downloaded the EPUB and Mobi versions from the James Potter official site. Going to start on them when I'm done with the book I'm currently on.

Any word on when Morrigan Web will be released?
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #1847
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Spring 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
I've downloaded the EPUB and Mobi versions from the James Potter official site. Going to start on them when I'm done with the book I'm currently on.

Any word on when Morrigan Web will be released?
The banner posted on facebook that I reposted here says Spring 2013.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #1848
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I'm sorry to report this, but the files that Amazon is selling are poorly formatted AZW3s. A Kindle owner would be better off downloading the freebie epubs (the freebie mobi's aren't very good either and who knows how long these freebies will be available) from George Lippert's web site and converting them to mobi's (or AZW3s if that's your preference) with calibre.

The Amazon versions appear to have poofed anyway.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #1849
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
The Amazon versions appear to have poofed anyway.
Rowlastic's* lawyers might have had something to do with that. HP fanfic OK, selling HP fanfic, not OK.

*There was Bennifer and all the other cutsey celebrity couple combo-names so...
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #1850
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
Rowlastic's* lawyers might have had something to do with that. HP fanfic OK, selling HP fanfic, not OK.

*There was Bennifer and all the other cutsey celebrity couple combo-names so...
That's what I was thinking as well, but who knows. I wonder if it was Lippert who put them up for sale (seems unlikely), or someone trying to make a few bucks (more likely).
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #1851
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Harry Dresden's Fairy Housekeepers

Jim Butcher signs his new book, Turn Coat, in Omaha, NE, on April 9, 2009.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #1852
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I've been slow on finishing Storm Front because of the holiday. But I received a great Easter gift. I was given books 2-7 in paperback form! I guess my family thinks that I really like this series!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #1853
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I've been slow on finishing Storm Front because of the holiday. But I received a great Easter gift. I was given books 2-7 in paperback form! I guess my family thinks that I really like this series!
That's cool! I still want them in paper form. Just so I can see them on a book shelf
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #1854
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Wizards BookShelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Well do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
That's cool! I still want them in paper form. Just so I can see them on a book shelf

Here's my 'Wizards BookShelf' before I added a hardback of Cold Days

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Harrys.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	103927

Old 04-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #1855
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well do you?

Here's my 'Wizards BookShelf' before I added a hardback of Cold Days

Attachment 103927

That's exactly how I want my shelf to look . All the wizards in a row
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #1856
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Days until Skin Game...

Quote:
250 days, or 8 months and 5 days left (Yes I used an online calculator...just because I'm lazy..aha...that's my story and I'm sticking to it )
243 days left!!! Can you tell I'm bored today ?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #1857
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool a watched pot

Quote:
243 days left!!! Can you tell I'm bored today ?
Remember 'a watched pot never boils'! Perhaps you need a horseback ride on the beach to fight the boredom?
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #1858
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
Remember 'a watched pot never boils'! Perhaps you need a horseback ride on the beach to fight the boredom?
Oh man, I would kill for that opportunity.

Do you know why Jim hasn't announced the release date on his website yet? I don't remember how long before the release of Cold Days it was when he put the date on his site. Maybe I was on the wrong site though .
Old 04-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #1859
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Do you know why Jim hasn't announced the release date on his website yet?
Probably isn't set yet. If I remember correctly Jim didn't know the release date of Cold Days until some time after he turned in the final draft.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #1860
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I enjoyed watching this for the brief time I did.

Rather thought they had killed the show? (which was a great shame)

Good to hear it is not entirely dead. : )
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy