Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #31
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
As NatCh would say, "Have patience Grasshopper."
Dag-nabbit, you done took the words right out of my mouth -- and I didn't feel a thing!

At the very least, this means that BBeB is no longer a "dead-end" format. That's no bad thing, especially for a free tool. Where he goes from here is an interesting next question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic View Post
I was really hopig they do converter the other way 'round, something that can create proper .lrs/.lrf files.
But ... we already have several very nice apps that do exactly that: BookDesigner, html2lrf, pie2lrf, etc. (I'm not leaving any off deliberately, I just can't remember them all off-hand ) This is the only app (so far as I know) that goes the other direction. I think it's a big big deal for that alone.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Umm there's already lrf2lrs and then you can write a simple xslt stylesheet to convert the LRS into whatever format you want.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:15 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic View Post
guys, why would anyone want this converter?
I was really hopig they do converter the other way 'round, something that can create proper .lrs/.lrf files.

I'm kind of disappointed and surprised at the same time...
I don't want to say "I told you so" but, well, I did .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
That is correct. All graphics are currently removed from the text in version 1.05.
Is this something that is going to be fixed in a future release?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:58 AM   #35
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is this something that is going to be fixed in a future release?
From the emails I have received, graphics will be in a future version.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
From the emails I have received, graphics will be in a future version.
Well, I just sent out email asking about graphics support. I'll post when I get an answer.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #37
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Umm there's already lrf2lrs and then you can write a simple xslt stylesheet to convert the LRS into whatever format you want.
Whew, I'm glad I pre-admitted my ignorance on that one.

Thanks, kovidgoyal, for learnin' me.

Okay, it's less of a big deal than I originally thought, but still....
Old 06-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #38
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
From an email today:

Quote:
Wood,
The next version of Amber for LRF Converter will extract graphics. ...
Best regards,
Yernar Shambayev (ProcessText Group)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist

That guy rocks.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

And from an email I received today...

Yes, I'll try to add graphics support.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:14 AM   #41
jimmyzou
Connoisseur
jimmyzou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader; Kobo; Nook color
Where can we get it?
I went the website, can not read....
jimmyzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:33 AM   #42
NatCh
Gizmologist

Here's a direct link to the specific page, jimmyzou: http://www.processtext.com/abcsonylrf.html
Old 06-11-2007, 07:47 AM   #43
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur
Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes it is a big deal.

As it is right now when I convert to lrf using Book Designer I still have to maintain the original version of the file on disk in case I need to create an IMP version for my girlfriend or if a new Reader comes out from some other company that I switch to from the Reader and have to use some other destination format.

Having a book in a dead-end format that I can't extract anything from means there's no point at all in even keeping a copy of the LRF once it's copied to the Reader. Copy it to the Reader then delete it from disk and just keep the original source file in whatever format it was in. Makes lrf nothing more than a transitional format for moving books to the Reader and NOT a format in which a book can be stored.

So, a movement towards being able to extract a book FROM lrf format is a pretty significant move at least for me and, I suspect, for others as well.
Fitzwaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzwaryn View Post
Yes it is a big deal.

As it is right now when I convert to lrf using Book Designer I still have to maintain the original version of the file on disk in case I need to create an IMP version for my girlfriend or if a new Reader comes out from some other company that I switch to from the Reader and have to use some other destination format.
Surely you'd keep the BD ".html0" version anyway, wouldn't you, in case you needed to make some subsequent changes to the book? The whole point of BD is that you can generate multiple output formats from the same source!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #45
rwsimon
Connoisseur
rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 2 Sony PRS-500s, iPad
I'm a new Sony Reader owner and am trying to get the lay of the land with respect to content. Apart from the stuff on the Connect website, it appears that other formats out there can be converted to LRF. However, the various threads I've tried to follow here either lead me to some website in Russian or to blithe remarks about writing my own code, running various scripts or otherwise highly non-plug-and-play activities. Is there a way to do this that is relatively straightforward to folks who just use software but don't create it? I bet the answer is here somewhere, but there is an awful lot of chatter to plow through. Can somebody provide an update? Thanks.
rwsimon is offline   Reply With Quote