Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #631
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordCountess View Post
Does anyone know the children's book of the 'Three Little Pigs', except it's told as the wolf's side of the story. It's well-illustrated and the wolf explains that he had a terrible cold and 'sneezed their houses down' as he went around asking for sugar. It's sold my scholastic and can be found at almost any children's library. But I cannot remember the title of it to save my life.
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka. My son loves that book lol.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #632
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The True Story of the Three Little Pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordCountess View Post
Does anyone know the children's book of the 'Three Little Pigs', except it's told as the wolf's side of the story. It's well-illustrated and the wolf explains that he had a terrible cold and 'sneezed their houses down' as he went around asking for sugar. It's sold my scholastic and can be found at almost any children's library. But I cannot remember the title of it to save my life.
Is this it,The True Story of the Three Little Pigs?

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #633
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Just wanted to say thanks again to BenG. I found the book on Abebooks and picked it up for a song, and that was the story I was looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I believe that's a story by Jay Williams in The Golden Treasury of Children's Literature edited by Bryna and Louis Untermeyer.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #634
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I'm glad I could help.
BenG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #635
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can anyone help me to identify a series of fantasy books that I read many years ago, and enjoyed, but have forgotten the name of?

The series involved a computer programmer from California who crossed to a "parallel world" where his programming abilities corresponded to magical powers. I remember there being several books in the series, and I'm fairly sure that the word "Wizard" appeared in all the titles.

Anyone recognise it from my description?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #636
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Was it Wizard's Bane by Rick Cook?
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/...zards-bane.htm
This was the first in his Wizard Series.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #637
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Was it Wizard's Bane by Rick Cook?
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/...zards-bane.htm
This was the first in his Wizard Series.
Apache
YES! Thank you - I've been racking my brains over that one. .

I see the first book in the series is available at Amazon UK as an eBook - only released a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully the others will follow.

Last edited by HarryT; 03-03-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #638
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check Baen too. They have it. They also have The Wizardry Compiled for $5.00. And Wiz Biz II: Cursed and Consulted for $4.00. This one contains The Wizardry Cursed and The Wizardry Consulted together in one volume.
http://www.baenebooks.com/s-23-rick-cook.aspx
I will be getting these too. I read them in pb years ago and want them in ebooks.
Apache
Old 03-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #639
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Check Baen too. They have it. They also have The Wizardry Compiled for $5.00. And Wiz Biz II: Cursed and Consulted for $4.00. This one contains The Wizardry Cursed and The Wizardry Consulted together in one volume.
http://www.baenebooks.com/s-23-rick-cook.aspx
I will be getting these too. I read them in pb years ago and want them in ebooks.
Apache
Doh! I have every eBook Baen have ever published, so of course I've got these. That must be where I read them originally. Thanks again .
Old 03-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #640
Apache
Readaholic

I do too so I should already have them.
Apache
Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #641
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I seem to have four of the five in the series, anyway. Don't seem to have the last one, "The Wizardry Quested". Still, four books is enough to keep me happy for a while .
Old 03-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #642
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
You might also enjoy the Incomplete Enchanter series by L. Sprague DeCamp and Fletcher Pratt - only they use formal logic to move between worlds, and the worlds they move between are all from classic fiction. they're great fun.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #643
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I didn't see Wizardry Quested on the Baen list - where is it?

Also, what is the reading order for these books? my main resource, FantasticFiction.co.uk didn't have them.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #644
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I didn't see Wizardry Quested on the Baen list - where is it?

Also, what is the reading order for these books? my main resource, FantasticFiction.co.uk didn't have them.
"Wizardry Quested" isn't on Baen's list. It must have been published by them previously on paper, but it doesn't seem to be available as an ebook.

The order is shown at FF. See:

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/rick-cook/
Old 03-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #645
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sounds interesting. Amazon has The Wiz Biz for $7 which fantastic fiction shows is an Omnibus... does it include all 5 books?

EDIT: Opps... never mind, I see that is not for Kindle... many of the reviewers also say how bad the editing/typesetting of this is.

Last edited by pilotbob; 03-03-2013 at 02:34 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
children's books, christie, forgotten title, four just men, mystery stories, teen sleuths