Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Moon+ Pro: Can't read new book

This is ridiculous. I've been using Moon+ Pro on my phone for almost a year now. I don't read a *lot* on my phone but last week, when I went to start a new book, neither a tap nor a long press work any more. All they do is select the book-then I can't find a menu item to open it. Now that's just dumb not to have a menu item for the main purpose of the app. Any suggestions? As far as I can see the developer doesn't offer support, even for the paid version. Certainly there's no manual for it.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #2
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
You can email the developer, if you have the paid version.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
You can email the developer, if you have the paid version.
True. How unfortunate that paying for the app doesn't require the developer to respond.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
This is ridiculous. I've been using Moon+ Pro on my phone for almost a year now. I don't read a *lot* on my phone but last week, when I went to start a new book, neither a tap nor a long press work any more. All they do is select the book-then I can't find a menu item to open it. Now that's just dumb not to have a menu item for the main purpose of the app. Any suggestions? As far as I can see the developer doesn't offer support, even for the paid version. Certainly there's no manual for it.
I normally open a book using Calibre Companion, but I went into Moon+ on my phone directly to see if I had a problem. What do you mean by new book? A book you haven't opened before, and where do you select it from? From the home screen I went to My Files and selected a book from the folder I keep my books in and had no problem.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
calvin-c
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I normally open a book using Calibre Companion, but I went into Moon+ on my phone directly to see if I had a problem. What do you mean by new book? A book you haven't opened before, and where do you select it from? From the home screen I went to My Files and selected a book from the folder I keep my books in and had no problem.
Yes, by new book I mean one I haven't opened before. I used to open it from My Shelf. I've tried opening it from My Files & that doesn't work either-for me. Since I didn't try it before this problem occurred I can't say whether it's failure is part of the problem or not, but I suspect it is.

I assume by 'home screen' you mean the Moon+ home screen? I've found an extraordinarily clumsy workaround. One of Moon+'s option is to add a book to your home screen-and by that it means your device's home screen. From their I'm able to open the book and, once opened, it appears in the 'currently reading' list on the Moon+ home screen. Once I get it there I then go back to delete the shortcut from my device's home screen. Fortunately I still have a *little* room left on that so this works, for now, but if I don't find a solution (or hear back from the developer with a solution) fairly soon I think I'm going to look for a different reader.

Thanks.
Advert
Old 05-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #6
calvin-c
Guru

Now it's *really* weird. I just added a new book & it opens normally. The other books still don't. Those are somewhat new too. One of the things I did when this occurred was delete all books & re-add those I wanted. So the books I added last week won't open by tapping on them but the book I added today (all added from Calibre) will. Now is that weird or what?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:33 AM   #7
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
As far as I can see the developer doesn't offer support, even for the paid version.

The developer hangs around the forums here. I've had him PM me about a problem I mentioned.

Mike
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote