Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #16
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Life is full of so many choices but people always want to box themselves in with just one choice! If people gave themselves a chance, they would discover just how flexible they can be when open to trying something new.
Well, I also prefer the Kindle reading app. I have tried several others, but I didn't like them enough to continue using them. One of the big issues for me was footnotes. Moon Reader+'s implementation of them is actually the nicest, but was rendered utterly useless because it tended to interpret my taps on footnote links as taps to change the page. Trying to click on a footnote 20+ times before it'll pull up in a popup overlay is an exercise in frustration. Other reader apps failed on them badly. I also haven't found a font I like as well as the default Kindle one. (And trying to use the same named font in other readers resulted in it looking different. Not sure why.) Sometimes people stick with one app because they prefer it, not because they're unwilling to try other stuff.

To address the topic: on my CyanogenMod-installed Nook HD+ the Kindle app creates a directory called kindle, you put the books in there and they're automatically picked up by the Kindle app. Full path according to ES File Explorer is /sdcard/kindle This should be the same for all Android devices.

I use that method all the time, and usually just copy e-books from the Windows fileshare my Calibre library is on over to the tablet using ES File Explorer when adding a new book.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #17
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
According to my Vista computer, the files need to be in Computer\ME173X\Internal storage\kindle. According to the File Explorer on the device (Asus MeMO Pad 7 HD) the path is /sdcard/kindle. By default, Calibre wants to put the books in /sdcard/Books, but the Kindle app doesn't find them there.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote