Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #16
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_hand View Post
Had to cancel my order. I came to my senses as we (my wife and I) are going to have to pay mucho, mucho, dinero to send my youngest son to college this fall. As I had posted on another thread, he will need one of the highest costing notebooks out there.

As my wife just got laid off and will even lose her unemployment benefits due to an upcoming surgery and looonng recovery time, it just did not make sense for me to make this expenditure when I have a perfectly fine K2. Next year, I may reconsider as our situation will be better.

Hey everybody, enjoy yours! I will take my pleasure in your pleasure, if you don't mind.

Look at the bright side! When your family does get back on it's feet financially, the version of the Kindle will leave the DX in the dust. It's probably a good idea to skip first generation iterations like the DX there will probably be hardware flaws.
When you buy in they would have ironed out the bugs and it will be cheaper.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #17
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Look at the bright side! When your family does get back on it's feet financially, the version of the Kindle will leave the DX in the dust. It's probably a good idea to skip first generation iterations like the DX there will probably be hardware flaws.
When you buy in they would have ironed out the bugs and it will be cheaper.
What he said.

Also, .........congratulations on being fiscally responsible. Thats not such a small thing these days.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 05:33 AM   #18
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Thanks my friends.
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #19
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
What he said.

Also, .........congratulations on being fiscally responsible. Thats not such a small thing these days.
Double congrats - putting family above new toys is a truly responsible choice.

poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #20
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Wow guys, you are talented in making up reasons.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #21
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
Wow guys, you are talented in making up reasons.
Reasons for what?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #22
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Reasons to buy a kindle now. I'm getting inspiration from you.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Good for you!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #24
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
The estimated shipping date for my order is June 15th.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #25
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I ordered my KDX 5 to 10 minutes into the press conference and my arrival date is June 16th. I selected the standard shipping (3-5 business days) and live in New England.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:23 AM   #26
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Now we want to see lots of pictures, please, whoever gets it early. Also please comment if there is any difference in flex between the K2 and the KDX, if you have both.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #27
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
The estimated shipping date for my order is June 15th.
I just love there threads where generally intellegent adults are reduced to seeming like 7 year olds during Christmas week.

Keep those shipping/ETA dates coming.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #28
Slow_hand
Groupie

I am old enough to remember six to twelve weeks shipping time for cereal premiums. These shipping times are miniscule.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 AM   #29
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
I ordered mine today. The estimated delivery date is June 15. Unfortunately, I'll be leaving for camp on the 14th and will have to do without my very first dedicated e-reader until I get back.
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #30
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
June 11 is my expected delivery date and I will take photos, lots of them!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote