Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #1
Cyra
Cyra began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Hello

Hi, I am from Australia. I have been using a hp tablet/notebook as an ebook reader but found that it got way too hot and was suffering from terrible eye strain, so I decided to find out a bit about ebook readers.

I decided on a Hanlin V3 because I have many books in various formats so it seemed the most practical choice. I ordered it yesterday from DA direct.
Cyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi cyra and welcome ! we've got quite a few australians around here. congratulations on your new hanlin ; i hear it's a really nice device. don't hesitate to look around and ask questions, this place is full of friendly, helpful experts !

and since you've got a reader on order, don't miss our ebook section for thousands of books formatted and uploaded by our members : just click on "ebooks" in the blue navigation bar at the top of the page. happy reading ! be sure to let us know how you like your hanlin !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

by the way, i don't know where you live, but there will soon be a meetup among some of our australian members ! you'd be welcome to join them if you're nearby. the details are all overe here.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G' day Cyra and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello, welcome, and congrats on your new device! We've got quite a few members from Australia now.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome I hope you love your new ereader!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
Cyra

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am in Western Australia so unfortunately the meetup is a bit far for me to travel.
I can't wait for my new ereader to get here, I am so excited!
Old 05-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

that's normal. some of us have been known to check the tracking status every 5 minutes, and in between go outside to check if they see the postman coming (just in case). or, er, so i hear...

(so is it there yet ?? )
Old 05-12-2009, 01:01 AM   #9
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Hi Cyra and welcome to Mobileread! The sweet anticipation... waiting for your new reader.

I promise your HanLin will be delivered before the weekend

Hey, its only about a 4 hour flight each way for you to come to our meetup!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:21 AM   #10
Cyra

Still waiting... looks as though it might be Monday before I get it.
Patience is a virtue!
Old 05-15-2009, 02:43 AM   #11
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Oh, sorry! It was held up a little by that extra thing I did for you and I forgot to allow for that in the travel time.

I'll email you the tracking number on Monday, so you can trace it (but hopefully it will arrive before you get the chance!)
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:20 AM   #12
Cyra

That's ok, these things take time.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:14 AM   #13
Kirari
Obsessed
Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kirari has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Red Sony PRS-505
Hey a fellow Western'er Hello!
Kirari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 AM   #14
Cyra

My reader has arrived and I am now waiting for it to charge.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #15
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyra View Post
My reader has arrived and I am now waiting for it to charge.
Congratulations! Isn't it exciting?
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote