Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
E.M.
E.M. began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
New DR1000S Stop Working

My DR1000S is only 5 days old, since I got it I have a problem with freeze while reading (twice per hr or more) and the only way to restart it is to push the reset... well... last night while reading a PDF article it did it again but this time not even the reset will restart it, I tried to leave it over night plugged in to charge but still I can not turn it on neither the usual way nor using the reset, there is a ghost iRex logo on the screen and it is dead, any one knows what is this all about and how to restart it again, or is it a defective unit from the manufacturer. by the way I have the latest firmware 1.5 on it...., Thank you for any help...
E.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Try the following things and see if any of them help :
- Remove the SD card and do a reset. If this works then you may have a failed or failing SD Card or SD Card reader (I've had to send mine back for the latter)
- Leave the reader on but disconnect it from charger so it can fully discharge. When the battery is dead reconnect to the charger and try to boot/reset.
- Try a different charger or charge it via your PC's USB Port and see if that helps.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
E.M.
E.M. began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Thank you kleykenb for the help... I tried all the above and more but the unit would not start again, so I contacted the company where I bought the unit (eReaderOutfitters.com) and talked to Jeff, after I discussed the problem with him he ask me to send it back for exchange or refund, by the way I strongly recommend eReaderOutfitters for getting your eBook needs especially if you live in USA rather than ordering it from iRex website overseas, Jeff was very nice, knowledgeable, and professional, I got excellent costumer service even on a weekend, fast delivery when I ordered and great costumer support when I needed it, so I sent the unit back and I will order a new one from the same company...
E.M. is offline   Reply With Quote