Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #1
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Kobo Aura One sleep cover

In case any of you are thinking of getting the new sleep cover I wanted to give you my experience with it. It sits thinner and snugger on the Aura one than the H2O cover sat on the H2O. The magnetic grip is effective so that either closed or flipped back the cover stay in place. With the H2O cover it would sometimes move out of place so that the H2O would wake. So far no such problem with the Aura One. Finally it has a nice feel in your hand. All in all pretty pleased with the cover.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Thanks for your sharing your impressions. I like the cover too and am happy it doesn't add much weight. The inside material is soft and feels good to hold when folded back. Nice quality on the construction.

I only wish it came in other colors like red or purple. However I do like the color with its grayish-look better than a deep black.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #3
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Thanks for these impressions! I can't order yet, but always intended to try the official cover first, hunt elsewhere only if I didn't like it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #4
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Well, I'm waiting for Chapters to ship mine... In two three weeks

Glad it fits well
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #5
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Can you still use one hand? My hand is quite Big, I can hold the Kobo with thumb and index but I,M not sure I'll be able with the cover.
Advert
Old 09-11-2016, 06:12 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
Can you still use one hand? My hand is quite Big, I can hold the Kobo with thumb and index but I,M not sure I'll be able with the cover.
Yes, it's very thin and easy to hold. It folds back very flat.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #7
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
Stingo, how did you end up finding/receiving the sleepcover? I'd ordered mine on day 1 (minute 10) along with the Aura One from chapters/indigo, and have since received the reader but not the cover, which is indicated as not yet released. It's been hard to find anyone who's witnessed (let alone had hands on) the cover!
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:15 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I ordered the cover through Kobo at the same time I ordered the Aura One. They were delivered together.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:43 AM   #9
Mercador
I'm not a number!

I guess only Kobo stores did receive the cover because Chapters, it's not before 23th at the earliest...
Old 09-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #10
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I only wish it came in other colors like red or purple. However I do like the color with its grayish-look better than a deep black.
I quite agree. After reading the opinions on MR about the Aura One, I am being very tempted to replace my H2O. I usually use a third party sleep cover as I love a bright purple or pink and really dislike boring black or brown - even wish they would offer a white ereader again. I would love to try the official cover and would do so if they produce a purple similar to the Glo HD case.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:21 PM   #11
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyboards View Post
Stingo, how did you end up finding/receiving the sleepcover? I'd ordered mine on day 1 (minute 10) along with the Aura One from chapters/indigo, and have since received the reader but not the cover, which is indicated as not yet released. It's been hard to find anyone who's witnessed (let alone had hands on) the cover!
I ordered mine from Kobo directly at 11:45 am on the 30th. I complained to Kobo when I got no mailing notice on the 6th or 7th. It mailed fed ex on the 8th. I got reader and cover on the 12th. Good luck with yours.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #12
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
I ordered mine from Kobo directly at 11:45 am on the 30th. I complained to Kobo when I got no mailing notice on the 6th or 7th. It mailed fed ex on the 8th. I got reader and cover on the 12th. Good luck with yours.
Thanks for the info (and for the initial info about the cover itself)! Boy, the ordering/shipping issues have been all over the place, whether ordered from Kobo or Chapters. I'm glad I did end up getting my reader last Friday, the 9th, which may have had something to do with several emails to CS.

What you've described about the cover has made me glad I ordered one. Just frustrated that Chapters shows no movement on them. Maybe Kobo is filling its own direct orders before providing them the stock!
Old 09-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #13
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur

Someone (in a reddit comment) said that each time she closes the cover it advances a page, unless she pushes the sleep button first, which of course is the sleepcover's job in the first place. Have you noticed anything like this with yours, Stingo, that when you sleep and wake the reader (using the cover) it has advanced a page?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:05 PM   #14
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
Went to order one from Kobo... $7.00 shipping on a $50.00 cover.
Think I'm going to wait this one out, maybe they'll show up on Amazon.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #15
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGoat View Post
Went to order one from Kobo... $7.00 shipping on a $50.00 cover.
Think I'm going to wait this one out, maybe they'll show up on Amazon.
That does seem a little excessive. Chapters offers free shipping on orders over $25. But perhaps that's just in Canada. That said, they don't seem to have any current stock as I am still waiting for mine to ship.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote