Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Toadmanor
Toadmanor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Greetings From The Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul

I just ordered a Kindle from Amazon and should have it Wednesday. For some stupid reason that I can't explain, I'm excited about this Kindle thing!

Toadmanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well you've found a place where just about everyone can understand and shares your excitement!

I've always been fascinated by St Paul/Minn ever since it was the setting (I think) for the Mary Tyler Moore show. I'm embarrassed to say it's one of my very favorite shows! Yet, have never visited there. Will have to do that. But in the summer, I think!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Toadmanor and welcome to the Forum. Believe me, every one else here understands your excitement.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Toadmanor, happy Kindleing
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Greetings Toadmanor

While I have only been there in the summer after the ice retreated, I do remember the cold of several winters in Buffalo.

As the others have said, we all have felt (and continue to feel) the excitement of having a small library at our fingertips. I know that I am reading more than I did even in my old college lit courses. It can be addictive.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
It can be addictive.
Wrong choice of words: It IS addictive and I love it!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Welcome, I'm in the Twin Cities too.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
Rusell-and IM the exception!

regardless,welcome.

by the way-WHERE are you from again?
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hi, Toadmanor:

We're all a little bit crazy here!

Have you gotten your Kindle yet? If so, head to the Kindle section and post your thoughts.

Welcome to MobileRead.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
SeanKSeanK
SeanKSeanK began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus
Hello neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadmanor View Post
I just ordered a Kindle from Amazon and should have it Wednesday. For some stupid reason that I can't explain, I'm excited about this Kindle thing!

I've been reading ebooks since I had to do backflips to get them onto my Palm Pilot (I'm aging myself here.)

You will soon be hooked and wonder how you ever schlepped around dead trees!

Enjoy your new gadget!

SK
SeanKSeanK is offline   Reply With Quote