Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
Question Wireless breaks kindlets

I installed the Merged Developer Keystore, and kindlets work.
(kalculator & kindle note)

After turning on wireless, I get a new "book" in the list saying that this is no longer a test kindle. After which, kindlets no longer work, but say contact developer.

What is happening?

I put the keystore on a second time, all is well; until wireless is turned on and this happens again...

(Firmware version 3.4)

Last edited by (-_-); 10-24-2012 at 01:55 PM.
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-_-) View Post
I installed the Merged Developer Keystore, and kindlets work.
(kalculator & kindle note)

After turning on wireless, I get a new "book" in the list saying that this is no longer a test kindle. After which, kindlets no longer work, but say contact developer.

What is happening?

I put the keystore on a second time, all is well; until wireless is turned on and this happens again...
What firmware version? Perhaps the latest version erases the developer keystore? We need to duplicate this problem to solve it.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Firmware 3.4

I just put the developer.keystore in /var/local/java/keystore/ then restarted

was good 'till wireless was on

Maybe I can try one more time.

Last edited by (-_-); 10-24-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Usually happens after deregister/registering a device.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Maybe I can try one more time.

Tried again, happened again.

Updated 1st post with screenshot.
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Huh. chattr to the rescue?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Huh. chattr to the rescue?
If nothing else, it might provoke a log entry that would give us a clue.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Tried again, happened again.

Updated 1st post with screenshot.
Hmm... that screenshot message says the kindlet developer needs to add YOUR kindle to HIS list.

This breaking of our kindlets when connecting to wifi is a new slap in the face (or technical challenge) for unauthorized kindlet development.

Sadly, amazon never got back to me (or others here) when I applied to be an AUTHORIZED kindle developer. That is one of many times that amazon did not get back to me on various issues.

Shades of Apple development here...

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-24-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Err. so is that mail generated on the device? or actually sent from amazons servers. Because the latter would annoy me.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Err. so is that mail generated on the device? or actually sent from amazons servers. Because the latter would annoy me.
I will make certain to have my full "ether-tap" setup working before next powering on my Kindle.
The same I used to determine the address ranges used.

Nobody should delay doing their own research, waiting for me.
I have other local problems to fix here before I can look into this problem.
Please, somebody beat me to this one.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
... Please, somebody beat me ...
Partial quotes are fun.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Partial quotes are fun.
Site guidelines, section: 4
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines
Old 10-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #13
geekmaster

Quote:
Quote:
4. Quotation ... When quoting, feel free to quote a section, rather than the whole post.
I guess that depends on how you define "section". I quoted a "section" of one of your sentences.

Of course, it was all in fun, with no malicious intent.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-24-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I guess that depends on how you define "section". I quoted a "section" of one of your sentences.

Of course, it was all in fun, with no malicious intent.
There are two sentences in that section, you skipped the first one:
Quote:
Please do not misrepresent someone else's views when involved in a discussion.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #15
geekmaster

Quote:
There are two sentences in that section, you skipped the first one:
My comments were perhaps a failed attempt at humor.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-24-2012 at 08:58 PM.