Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
tjk
tjk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello from the NYC

Hi, I recently got the Kindle 3 and even more recently started using calibre to manage newspaper and magazine subscriptions and am hopelessly hooked on both. Life is so much easier when you don't have to carry around a ton of paper if you want to read the news while going from Point A to Point B! Many thanks to the creator of calibre and the people who have developed recipes for it.

I had a question regarding calibre and news feeds. I did a quick search and did not find an answer, so please forgive me if this is one that's in the FAQ. When I do a news download/conversion/send calibre generates a Table of Contents but places it at the end of the mobi document. I can easily see why this happens technically (program downloads the feed, keeps a tally, appends, all perfectly linear and efficient). If it all possible I would like to have that ToC at the front of the document or be the place my Kindle and/or reader jumps to first. Does anyone have an idea how I can make this happen, or is it one of the obvious things that a newbie has shot right by?

Thanks!
tjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, tjk

Your question will probably be more quickly answered in the Calibre forum.......Enjoy.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR! I'm sure, as suggested, you'll likely find your answer in the Calibre forum :-).

Congrats on the new K3!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome I hope you get it worked out.
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, TJK. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tjk and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #7
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello and welcome. I just got my Kindle and love it.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:17 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
russianfiction
Expert
russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.russianfiction ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Greetings from NYC as well!!!!!!!!! I would suggest you read my book!!! It takes place in Brooklyn, NYC!
russianfiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #10
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle 3, mobi, news, table of contents