Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
snowcrocus
I love to read.
snowcrocus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 and Kindle
Question Could I see all of my books on two Kindles?

Right now I have a Kindle 2. I like it a lot. I enjoy the free 3G and I like to browse in the Kindle store and order books when I'm traveling.

Suppose I bought the new $79 Kindle, which Wikipedia calls the Kindle (2011) and which I think is called the Kindle 4 NT on this forum. Could I use both and see all of my books on both? Both would be registered to my Amazon account.

Maybe I would take them both on a trip and I would be reading one of them and my husband would be reading the other. Or for a short trip I might take just the new Kindle (2011), which is very light weight. For a long trip, I would want to take my Kindle 2 so I can use the free 3G to buy books when I am at an airport or at my mother in law's house, places with no wifi.

How does this "Two kindles, one Amazon account" work? If I bought a new $79 Kindle, could I have all of my books sitting on both Kindles and 1) alternate which one I use? can we 2) use both at once?

Thanks!
snowcrocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Yes. You can plac all of your books on both Kindles. I have done this with my DXG and my K3. My Mom shares an account with me and has a fair number of books on her Kindle. Most books allow you to have 6 copies on various devices (Kindles, IPhone, K4PC, Android ect...)

You can read the books on both devices at the same time. If you are swapping between devices you can sync them so that you move to your current location on the Kindle.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Yes, but you would have to download each book again. You can't simply copy them in bulk via a PC, because each copy can only work on the device which you specified when you originally downloaded it.

Also, there's no way to download all your books in bulk. You have to do each one individually (at least, that was the case the last time I checked).

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:06 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Yes, I read my Amazon/Kindle books across all my devices- K2, DroidX, Xoom...

and soon my Kindle Fire as well.

Enjoy!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote