Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #16
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
One more unofficial firmware (for LBook):
http://www.savefile.com/files/1789813
What's new: mainly - updates to CoolReader module (responsible for txt, rtf and fb2):
improved EPub support (via CoolReader, now with GIF illustrations)
(experimentally) HTML via CoolReader.
Series number now displayed before Series title!
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #17
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
You must have the 64 mb version. The OpenInkpot firmware is not supposed to work with the newer 512 mb Hanlin V3 variations. I know, I tried. How did it look on your V3?
Yes, it's the 64bit edition. Anyhow, I don't use the internal memory to store ebook files at all. Openinkpot looks not ready yet
I disagree with the FBReader choice as well, it supports more formats that Coolreader but the status bar is inferior and also page number handling is chartacter based and not actual display pages. I know, you can "zoom", use different fonts and so on, but providing I use the reader for fiction I settled to a config and I want my real page numbers.
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #18
iterati
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbich View Post
Series number now displayed before Series title!
Great, thanks for the file! Just in order not to look around in docs, how you define series number/title in an FB2 file? I use booksesigner and fictionbook designer to make fb2 files.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:14 AM   #19
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iterati View Post
Just in order not to look around in docs, how you define series number/title in an FB2 file? I use booksesigner and fictionbook designer to make fb2 files.
When you make a FB2 book in BookDesigner, there are two input fields in "Make Fiction book file" dialog: sequence name and number. They are series name and number.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 AM   #20
iterati
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbich View Post
When you make a FB2 book in BookDesigner, there are two input fields in "Make Fiction book file" dialog: sequence name and number. They are series name and number.
Great, I see it now. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:02 AM   #21
hpkeong
Heavy eBook User
hpkeong began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8, V3, Fujitsu Tablet PC, EEE PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgarlick View Post
How can you tell which version you have. Re firmware could I have a corrupted Jinke bin file ?
Hi: Just press Menu (OK) button and choose No. 5 (about) and you can see the version of your Hanlin V3 firmware...
hpkeong is offline   Reply With Quote