Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
new Kobo screen?

Is the screen these pearl eink screens or the same as the older eink screens?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Don't think it's Pearl. I A/B'd it with the one and it's got a little bit more contrast.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The wifi kobo has better contrast than the old kobo or an eink pearl screen?
Old 10-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
tpw
Zealot
tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS650
Nice way to completely ignore a poster who tried to help you.

It is not a pearl screen. It has more shades of grey but it is not a pearl screen.
tpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
16 greyscale over 8 greyscale i think
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The screen itself appears unchanged, but the 16 grays definitely makes a difference for illustrations/pictures. (yes, my new reader came today version of taming)
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
omro
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
Don't think it's Pearl.
tpw - this part I understood

Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
I A/B'd it with the one and it's got a little bit more contrast.
This part I didn't understand. So I asked this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
The wifi kobo has better contrast than the old kobo or an eink pearl screen?
Which is a commentary on the contrast of the new kobo vs the old kobo or an eink pearl.

NOT a repeat of my earlier, is it an eink pearl screen question.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
tpw
Zealot
tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tpw has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
tpw - this part I understood

This part I didn't understand. So I asked this:

Which is a commentary on the contrast of the new kobo vs the old kobo or an eink pearl.

NOT a repeat of my earlier, is it an eink pearl screen question.

Thanks
Thanks omro, sorry I completely misread your post and I was a bit grumpy - I'm in bed with the flu. And to answer properly, no the new wifi kobo screen does not have better contrast than the pearl screen.

Please accept my apology again, I'm going to take more pills and go back to bed.
tpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
I meant to say I A/Bd it with the OLD one -- the original -- and it looked a little bit better. Sorry! Mistake!
corona is offline   Reply With Quote