Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #1756
kmtouch
kmtouch began at the beginning.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The 4.3.8871 firmware is to fix a problem with collections. These were sometimes being cleared when a sync was done with the previous release. There might other changes, but, we don't know what they are.

I can't say I've seen any bad problems with WiFi reported for the Aura ONE. Especially not as bad as you are stating. I'd suggest starting a thread to discuss it as someone might have an idea.

Why do you have to reset the device? If there is an update, the desktop application should download it and copy it to the device. If there isn't an update, then it should only sync some books and nothing else.
so far, I happened to have my device updated once. as far as I remember, it didn't show on desktop app.
But the app itself has notified for update.
anyway thank you for inputs.
kmtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:38 AM   #1757
kmtouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Well, my firmware download process probably won't work for you, but just in case...

I use my iPad to download the correct firmware (from the announcement link posted here) and save it in my SanDisk™ Connect Drive app's download folder, turn that drive on, and watch for it to connect to my network. Then I move the firmware from the app's download zone over to an "uploads" folder on the drive. Next time I turn on my laptop or my netbook, I just plug that drive and the Kobo in, back up the Kobo in case something goes wrong, back up the Kobo's database on the Kobo itself as a second form of protection, and then unpack the firmware ZIP file into the .kobo folder. Eject the reader, let it do its thing, and if all goes well, plug it back in and make a fresh backup to replace the one I just finished. This also gives me a chance to set the drive letter again, since Win10 doesn't realize that this is the same reader with updated firmware.

The uncommon part of that, of course, is the special wifi-enabled USB stick. However, if you've got one of those USB OTG drives that'll plug right into whatever mobile device you're reading this on, it oughta work in a similar way.
wow! I will try to update in this way. about wifi dongle, it doesn't seem rational to use an external device all the times. I do not need the wifi as long as firmware works properly.
most of the time books in pdf must be trimmed for ebook readers, so a laptop always is required!
Tnx any way

Last edited by kmtouch; 03-04-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #1758
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
4.3.8871 also fixes the problem of the light turning back on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:45 AM   #1759
kmtouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
4.3.8871 also fixes the problem of the light turning back on.
My KA1 has not notified so far for this update, where to be downloaded?
Old 03-06-2017, 07:15 AM   #1760
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmtouch View Post
My KA1 has not notified so far for this update, where to be downloaded?
This page on the wiki is kept up-to-date: Kobo Firmware Releases
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #1761
kmtouch

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
This page on the wiki is kept up-to-date: Kobo Firmware Releases
Tnx for your answer
Old 03-08-2017, 06:26 AM   #1762
nix da
nix da began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hello
My Kobo Aura H2O can not be switched on since the last firmware update. I have already removed the internal SD card to see which files it still contains. Unfortunately, this SD card is no longer accessible.

I would like to use a new SD card, unfortunately I do not have the firmware image.

Can someone help me there. You're welcome.

Many Thanks
nix da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #1763
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix da View Post
Hello
My Kobo Aura H2O can not be switched on since the last firmware update. I have already removed the internal SD card to see which files it still contains. Unfortunately, this SD card is no longer accessible.

I would like to use a new SD card, unfortunately I do not have the firmware image.
Opening the device is a drastic thing to do, especially for the H2O. Did you try a factory reset first?

In any case, I've sent you a PM with the link to the image.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #1764
lazybs
lazybs began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n289
Hello Davidfor! I'm in need of an image for Kobo n289 please.
lazybs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:41 PM   #1765
lazybs

New thread?

No reply yet? Did I make a NoNo? Should I have made a new thread?
Old 06-15-2017, 06:07 PM   #1766
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sigh. David is in a different timezone (Australia). Additionally there are threads for distinct Kobo models to request an image.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:20 PM   #1767
lazybs

Didn't know that. I just got the device and this place seemed the right spot. I'll look for the correct thread.