Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
Jay955528
Jay955528 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital
Pandigital and Aldiko

I have a Pandigital and I am trying to sync with Aldiko. Calibre will not put the ebooks in the eBooks\import folder. It only wants to put them in the eBooks folder. If I move them into the import folder manually the will import fine
Any ideas?
Jay955528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is the location where the Pandigital's default reader expects them. If you want to use an alternate reader with it, use the connect to folder functionality to send your books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Jay955528
Jay955528 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.
Is there any way for me to fake out calibre and make it think that the pandigital is an android device? I noticed that the file structure is what i need.
I tired disabling the pandigital plugin but then nothing worked

Jay955528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not without modifying the code
Old 08-15-2010, 02:04 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay955528 View Post
I have a Pandigital and I am trying to sync with Aldiko. Calibre will not put the ebooks in the eBooks\import folder.
If you want to put them in the eBooks/import where the import folder is a sub-directory of eBooks then just add that folder in your plugin. (See attached)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay955528 View Post
Is there any way for me to fake out calibre and make it think that the pandigital is an android device? I noticed that the file structure is what i need. I tired disabling the pandigital plugin but then nothing worked
The creator of this program told you a simple method to meet your needs. Did you try using the connect to folder option suggested? The connect to folder option also has the file structure you need and gives you the same benefits as any device plugin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-plugin.png
Views:	379
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	56690  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
tnkclark
tnkclark began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I don't know if Jay955528 ever resolved his issues with the Pandigital Novel and Aldiko, but I'm having similar issues now. I tried to use Connect To Folder, but it is greyed out and can't be selected when the PDN is plugged in. Calibre recognizes that PD Novel is connected.

I've also tried customizing the device plugin. It doesn't seem to matter what I put in for a template, the books always load into /sdcard/eBooks. I have to send to Main Memory to get this to work. Send to storage card A and Send to storage card B are also greyed out and can't be selected.

I can change the metadata used to make up the file name in the plugin setup and that works, but I can not get Calibre to put the files in the /sdcard/eBooks/import directory.
It would be nice to get this working so Calibre is aware of which books are in Aldiko and which ones are not. Now, once the books are moved into the import directory and imported, they disappear from Calibre's view of the PDN.

Any more suggestions? It seems that Calibre is not using the directory portions of the plugin setup. Is this a bug or working as designed?

Thanks for any help.
tnkclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkclark View Post
I don't know if Jay955528 ever resolved his issues with the Pandigital Novel and Aldiko, but I'm having similar issues now. I tried to use Connect To Folder, but it is greyed out and can't be selected when the PDN is plugged in. Calibre recognizes that PD Novel is connected.
In order to use the Connect to Folder option the Device Interface plugin for Pandigital Novel needs to be disabled. Then connect your device and the Connect to Folder option will be available.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
tnkclark

OK, I'm obviously not doing something right. I disabled the Pandigital Novel plugin and then connected the USB cable. Calibre shows Connected PD Novel and Connect to folder and Connedt to iTunes are both still greyed out and can't be selected.

Any more ideas?

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

restart calibre after disabling
Old 11-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
tnkclark

Sorry - I didn't realize that I had to stop and restart Calibre to get the plugin disabled. Calibre now shows Connected Folder Device. I connected to folder eBooks/import and that is where everything was sent. Great!

Shouldn't the template in the Pandigital Novel plugin work the same way, though? It seems to be ignoring the directory specifications and always sending books to the eBooks directory. The file name part of the template seems to work as documented, but not the directory part.

Thanks again for the help.