Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
Author Eyes
Zealot
Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
RADIUM HALOS .99 cents for a limited time [OFFER ENDED]

Hi. My novel, RADIUM HALOS, is available for a limited time on Kindle for only $1.00.

RADIUM HALOS is historical fiction based on the true events of the Radium Girls: a group of female factory workers who, in the early 1920s, contracted radiation poisoning from painting luminous watch dials with radium paint. Our narrator is Helen Waterman, a 65-year-old mental patient who worked at the factory when she was 16. She tells us her story through flashbacks, slowly revealing her past, the loved ones she’s lost, and the dangerous secrets she’s kept all these years.

http://www.amazon.com/Radium-Halos-n...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

It is also available as a trade paperback.

Go to http://girlebooks.com/ebook-catalog/.../radium-halos/ to find the ebook in other formats.

Includes a foreword by Leonard Grossman, son of the attorney for the Radium Dial painters.

FOREWORD
Five years before I was born, my father, Leonard J. Grossman, represented women from Ottawa, Illinois in litigation against the Radium Dial Corporation seeking not merely damages but also recognition of what had been done to them. I grew up in the shadow of the Radium Dial case, a landmark in workers’ rights in this country. I was deeply proud of my father and infuriated, as he was, by the injustice inflicted on these women. I am sure this background is one reason I became a government lawyer enforcing workers’ rights. So when I came across Radium Halos by Shelley Stout I was very excited.

Sometimes fiction can speak truth in ways that the bare facts cannot. Ms. Stout has found a unique voice in which to tell the tragic story of the Radium Dial workers and at the same time to say much about life in this country. The story goes beyond the Radium Dial case and reflects much about our attitudes toward work, women, mental illness and aging. Along the way it speaks of fear and loyalty and truth itself.
Leonard Grossman
September 2009

Enjoy!

All best,
Shelley

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-04-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Author Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
I just bought this one - it looks really interesting. Thanks.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
Author Eyes
Zealot
Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!Author Eyes rocks like Gibraltar!

You're welcome, Bookfan. Hope you enjoy it!

Shelley
Old 12-22-2009, 06:37 AM   #4
Author Eyes
Zealot

Thank you to all who have ordered a copy. Only a few days remaining on the $1.00 special!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
Author Eyes
Zealot

New review at Red Adept's Kindle Book Review Blog: http://redadept.wordpress.com/2009/12/26/radium-dial/
Old 12-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #6
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Bought and queued, thanks.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
Author Eyes
Zealot

My pleasure!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:04 AM   #8
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Is this book available at Smashwords?

I don't have a Kindle and I don't want to pay the $2 surcharge because I don't live in America...

In Smashwords you can publish your book in a lot of formats suited to a lot of readers, and we only pay the price stated...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:51 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Is this book available at Smalshwords?

I don't have a Kindle and I don't want to pay the $2 surcharge because I don't live in America...

In Smashwords you can publish your book in a lot of formats suited to a lot of readers, and we only pay the price stated...
I just purchased it at girlebooks for 1 dollar and it is available in pdf, kindle/mobi, eReader PDB, ePub, and Lit.

I registered, purchased, and was sent an email with a code for the download. You click the link back to the site and paste in the code for the download.

**Thank you, Shelly, this looks to be an interesting story.**
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #10
Author Eyes
Zealot

Yes, thank you Dreams for pointing that out! Hope you all enjoy the novel.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #11
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I just purchased it at girlebooks for 1 dollar and it is available in pdf, kindle/mobi, eReader PDB, ePub, and Lit.

I registered, purchased, and was sent an email with a code for the download. You click the link back to the site and paste in the code for the download.

**Thank you, Shelly, this looks to be an interesting story.**
Ooops.. I didn't see it was available at girlebooks... but now I've got it... thank you
Old 12-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #12
Author Eyes
Zealot

Lene, so glad to see someone from down under purchasing my novel!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:52 AM   #13
lene1949
Wizard

Can't wait to read it... I have actually made a new folder on my reader just for the books from authors linked to this site.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #14
Author Eyes
Zealot

That's great! Hope you enjoy it!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #15
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Can't wait to read it... I have actually made a new folder on my reader just for the books from authors linked to this site.
Glad you were able to get it. I also have a folder as MR Authors on my Reader and on my laptop.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote