Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
DX won't update to 2.5.8...

Right then.

My KDXG is at software version 2.5.4. I'm trying to update it to 2.5.8, but at some point I installed the font hack update, and now I can't get it update. I can't remember if the font hack I installed was before or after the Jailbreak method became necessary, but I've been throwing every uninstall.bin I can find at this thing and my Kindle DXG will not update for love, money or even the promise of sexual favors.

I have gotten several error messages throughout this process, including 0003, U007 and U006. I know what I'm meant to be doing, at least I think so- but I don't think I have the right uninstall .bins, or maybe I'm doing something out of order. It's been a while.... is there any resetting involved in this process.

My soul (whatever that's worth) and eternal gratitude to anyone who can help.

Last edited by Anarel; 07-14-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: More clarification.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

T_T

Cookies and Karma to anyone who helps.
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The DX does not support version 3.1. 2.5.8 is the latest.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
The DX does not support version 3.1. 2.5.8 is the latest.

No, I understand that.

But according to this thread; https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127969

I can push my DXG to 3.1... If it was up to Amazon, it wouldn't be possible push the DXG to 3.1, but I'm not dealing with Amazon here.

So.... Thanks, susan_cassidy but no cookies or Karma for you.

Last edited by Anarel; 07-14-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Clarification.