Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Dasha
Connoisseur
Dasha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Do I need my PID To Remove Drm

Hello to all Have Purchased a K3 waiting for Delivery in the next 10 day's.

I have a couple of Many questions" First is how do I say Gidday in the Get to know Column do I just open a new Thread?

Do I need my PID To Remove DRM or Convert MOBI or any Format to read on my K3 if I am downloading all my books to my PC into Caliber then to my Kindle 3 via USB?

How do I obtain My PID I believe it's hard to find after the latest Firmware?

Can you please explain this in Baby steps I am a Newbie I understand Nothing about Scripts or Hacking Cheers Dasha
Dasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Welcome to MobileRead Dasha.

No, it is against the forum rules for anybody here to post step by step instructions in the forums.

Google the phrase

Apprentice Alf Blog

and search for the entry on A Guide for The Perplexed.

That should help
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Your Kindle reads DRM-free MOBI. So you don't need your K3's PID for ebooks from non-Kindle sources.

There are two ways to download from the Kindle Store to your PC. The first is to use Kindle for PC, and the 2nd is to download a version for your Kindle 3. The advantage of the K4PC approach is that you don't need any extra info to strip the DRM.

Note that Calibre can manage your ebooks even if they still have DRM, but most modifications to the ebooks require the DRM be stripped.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
Dasha
Connoisseur

abookreader and wallcraft, Thank you both for you help and I look forward to talking here again soon. I have reg with "My Kindle Books" and I will go check that other site Cheers Guy's Dasha
Old 02-03-2011, 02:55 AM   #5
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
search for "Starko kindle drm guide" or follow my signature
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #6
Dasha
Connoisseur

Thanks Starko will check it all out tomorrow Thanks Very much for your Time and your Efforts, Dasha
Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
search for "Starko kindle drm guide" or follow my signature
Searching Google for that phrase just gives one hit, which is this page
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
funny!!!

i guess the google results I see are not the same for everyone.

anyway - try searching for "Removing DRM from Kindle books you own"
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #9
Dasha
Connoisseur

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
funny!!!

i guess the google results I see are not the same for everyone.

anyway - try searching for "Removing DRM from Kindle books you own"
Thanks Starko I have been away I will go cee