Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
reedreader
reedreader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 602
Document is licensed for a different user account

I have a Pocketbook 602. I purchased a book from Google and placed it on the reader by using ADE from my Mac computer. I could open it. Then I purchased a book from Borders and when I opened it on the computer it opened up a different reader software. Now I cannot open any of my book either on the computer or the reader. I have tried deactivating the ADE on the computer and reactivating it and downloading the books again (but now cannot place them on ADE, they are greyed out on the Mac) and placed them on a SD card.

When I go to the library on the reader it just locks up.

I have found may posting out there but no answer on how to fix the problem.
reedreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
What other software than ADE did you used ?
Did you authorized ADE you your adobe account ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
reedreader

I did authorize ADE to my account and had the reader authorized also. I had been using the reader and ADE together for a month.

The other reader software that opened was Reader Library Software.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedreader View Post
I did authorize ADE to my account and had the reader authorized also. I had been using the reader and ADE together for a month.

The other reader software that opened was Reader Library Software.
Ah, that makes more sense now.
You purchased a book from borders and the sony reader went opening it ?

When I buy books from sony, i'm able to use inept, with my ADE key, to get rid of the drm. So the sony reader, installed after ADE, seams to have gotten the key from ADE, and books are authorized with the same account.

Did you set the sony reader to a sony account and all ? Installed after or before ADE ? Either the adobe servers somehow differentiate the Reader app and ADE, or the sony Reader is using a user and key of it's own.

Can the reader app read the book ? Or transfer it to e-reader ?

Silly DRM

Last edited by EowynCarter; 01-07-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
reedreader

The Sony reader was installed and opened yesterday only. The ADR has been working for a month. I did not authorize the Sony reader that I remember. In ADE when I try to Add Item To Library, all the books are grey on my Mac an cannot be accessed. The Pocketbook reader will not open them either.
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
reedreader

I contacted Sony and they said that it was a conflict between the tow reader programs. I had to delete the books in Reader Library and re-download them. I them imported them into the ADE program. I still have not been able to add my Google books back into ADE.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
reedreader

To get the Google book into ADE I had to select it but not open it. Go to file/get info/open with/(select) ADE.

Once I opened the Sony reader, it changes the preference to open books in Reader Library. Ah, Happiness!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Did you use the same email address for both google books and your Sony account? If not, you may have two different Adobe accounts.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard

i installed sony reader after ADE. And despite the adobe account and sony account e-mail being differant, no trouble.
Maybe what happended is he book being downloaded with a non-autorized / connected sony reader... And the other hand, if the sony reader get the key from ade as it seam to be...
Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #10
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Thanks, all of you just reminded me why I have a Kindle!!!!!
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I had an errant rude thought and put it herre <blush>.

Last edited by taming; 01-07-2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 AM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
Thanks, all of you just reminded me why I have a Kindle!!!!!
Mobi drm can be a pain too.
if you decide to get a new kindle, you're on your way to download each and everyone of your e-books again... Extremely annoying..

And in my case, using a kindle would be a total mess when buying stuff from the French publishers.