Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
dacattt
Connoisseur
dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Astak 6 EZ Reader Plus
More newbie questions :help:

Well, I've finally got my SD card and e-reader in my hands at the same time. (It needed to go back for a repair already, but they had it back in my hands in a week. YEA to customer service for a quick solution on what slipped by QA!!!!)

1) I'm using Calibre on my PC. Do I just drag books up there onto the card (like I did w/o the card)? Or is there something from Calibre I should install. (Without having mouse control, not sure Calibre is worth/workable.)

2) I'm thinking of putting music up on the EZ Reader as well. Does doing audio drag on the batteries a lot... to the point I should be carrying a 2nd one charged if I'm out on a long day/ day'n'half adventure?

-Cat-
So happy to have my reader back. I got sooooooo addicted to it in a couple of week.
dacattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacattt View Post
Well, I've finally got my SD card and e-reader in my hands at the same time. (It needed to go back for a repair already, but they had it back in my hands in a week. YEA to customer service for a quick solution on what slipped by QA!!!!)

1) I'm using Calibre on my PC. Do I just drag books up there onto the card (like I did w/o the card)? Or is there something from Calibre I should install. (Without having mouse control, not sure Calibre is worth/workable.)

2) I'm thinking of putting music up on the EZ Reader as well. Does doing audio drag on the batteries a lot... to the point I should be carrying a 2nd one charged if I'm out on a long day/ day'n'half adventure?

-Cat-
So happy to have my reader back. I got sooooooo addicted to it in a couple of week.
I use Calibre's "Save to disk" for books, because it does all the filing into the folders, correctly, the same every time

I also have to use 2 different save templates because single pattern will not do what I want. and I have a lot of books on the SD card.

Code:
{series[0]}-series/{series}/{series_index:0>2s} {title}_{id}_{authors}

00NoSeries/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}_{id}_{title}-{authors}
The first is used with books that have a Series name (filing by Author would split up the series)
The second is used for books without a series, and places all the authors into "00NoSeries" folder, further making a sub-folder for "author names that begin with" to avoid overloading the root folder and to avoid HUGE lists to scroll through. Only 3 folder layers (/00NoSeries/a_authors/Isaac_Azimov/<the_titles.all saved formats> )
Be sure to set the save options to use the underscore in place of spaces ( or bookmarks may not work), I also force to lower case to avoid "Capitalization" differences, duplicates.

For Music, Drag and drop to the SAME storage you read from, otherwise it is a PITA to navigate to tunes, then back to your book

Playing music does use some extra power (sucks about 1 bar on my PEz in 8-10 hours. I use better headphones with it. )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
dacattt
Connoisseur
dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.dacattt could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

OK. Sounds like I need to do more research into Calibre's options.

I guess I'll have to stop reading books long enough to read doc for a while.

Hey, another question.... anyone Skinned their Astak yet??? Does the skinning interfere with how the case fits on?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Since the covers that come with all Astaks, I would be surprised if anyone has bothered with the extra expense. I know I haven't -- the free cover was one of the selling points in deciding on the PPro.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
dacattt
Connoisseur

Yea, that's the other part... really want to skin the cover. Figure I could trim that myself from just the right size sticker and wouldn't custom order for that.

I have to use skin creams ALL the time, and even being careful I'm smudging up the cool matt black. So, I was thinking something a bit glow'n'rotate would hide the marks on my new toy.
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Darn, that would be frustrating for sure. Hope someone comes along to assist.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
dacattt
Connoisseur

Psoriasis creams are nasty and acid. So, really want to protect the surface with something... and it might as well be fun.

Been looking all over on skins. Think I'm going to go with something from Decal Girl unless something else really strikes me as just right. Will let folks know once there's a template.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Have you checked out www.smirkabout.com, they have skins specifically for the 5". Big range.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:33 AM   #9
dacattt
Connoisseur

SmirkAbout did have the skin template as a BeBook One (or any Jinke Harlin V3) but I still like Decal Girls's art better. And while this is a priority for me to keep the reader protected, I'm still being picky about my art.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacattt View Post

Hey, another question.... anyone Skinned their Astak yet??? Does the skinning interfere with how the case fits on?

I just talked with our tech. They recommend reading with the case on if you want to keep your device pristine. I don't think they have heard of a plastic or stretchy-type of a skin we could vouch for.

Personally, I found some custom cases for eBook readers on Etsy. You can ask someone who makes a case for something like, a Kindle, to custom make something for your eReader. For my Kindle, I had a special soft felt case made to carry it around in. But you could probably find a great solution for reading AND carrying, too.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
dacattt
Connoisseur

The vinyl "stickers" give me something I can throw away if it gets too messed up. The case that ships with the readers gives me enough general protections. But the acid creams will eventually leave perminate markings. A skin (while hiding the marks for now) will allow me to just toss and switch it out. That's why I want to skin the cover as well. For the cover, I could just get a new one in a few years... but figure the decals will be cheaper over the life, as well as looking cool.