Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 06:18 AM   #16
arroba
arroba began at the beginning.

Device: irex DR800S
I was really happy with my dr800 and its irex cover. For two months I have been using it everyday (lots of read pages )... until last week I found the reader loose in my bag!

Look what happened to the cover (sorry for the focus):

The seller was very nice, replaced it inmediatly and I already have my new one, but I think I wouldn´t buy the same cover again, if it happens again it is not easy to find a home made solution!
arroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #17
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by arroba View Post
... until last week I found the reader loose in my bag! ...[snip]...Look what happened to the cover
Guess that's what happens when plastic is used ... albeit a hard plastic.

I don't know of a way to prevent that. I had a cover made for my device that includes a loop/button closure system. Maybe that'll help cause it'll keep it more firmly shut.

Regardless, thanks for the pic, arroba. It's good to be more aware of potential problems (although, like you, I STILL like the cover ... well, the mounting system versus the straps, anyway).

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Look what happened to the cover (sorry for the focus):
I can't tell from the pic (my eyes are bad anyway), but I assume the pin broke?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #19
arroba
arroba began at the beginning.

Device: irex DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I can't tell from the pic (my eyes are bad anyway), but I assume the pin broke?
You are right, Shaggy, the plastic pin broke without any warning or misuse.
arroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #20
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
You are right, Shaggy, the plastic pin broke without any warning or misuse.
Hopefully just a fluke.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #21
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
I just got it 2 weeks ago:

- it is of course on the expensive side but it fits the reader perfectly

- by now, the company has added the couple of extra stitches that make the loop hold the small stylus without it dropping out

- it does protect the reader quite well, but not against everything, for instance you can still press the bar through the cover ... so the suggestion in this thread to carry it inside an additional wrap of bubble paper in the backpack is extremely useful, not sure I would have thought immediately about this simple solution myself, such small tips make this forum really useful to me

- my own 2 cents to improve the reading experience with the cover: (i) add an elastic band to keep the cover from opening, can be used to fix the front cover to the back when reading; (ii) add Velcro pads to attach the right edge of the reader to the cover, otherwise landscape reading is difficult as the reader tends to rotate on the pins and flaps down, in addition, I believe that this will lessen the strain on the pins and prevents them from breaking off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	band.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	65706   Click image for larger version

Name:	landscape.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	65707   Click image for larger version

Name:	velcro.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	65708  
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #22
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
The pins are sturdy enough, dropped the reader countless times on marble floors and nothing happens. But the cover gets dirty much too easily.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote