Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
retired05
retired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo touch
Bookmarks

Hi everyone new to the group . I have the kobo touch since Christmas . No problems , Just updated to 1.9.17 now My bookmark feature does not work . It bookmarks several chapters back so I need to remember where I left off and use the index to get there . If i try to power off I get a blank white screen and not the black screen that says powered off . i need to turn back on and then off and i get the correct screen . Any suggestions
retired05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Where multiple bookmarks working before you updated?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
retired05
retired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Where multiple bookmarks working before you updated?
b4 I updated if I turned the kobo off and then turned it on later to continue reading it went right back to where I left off no problems . Now it seemt to go back either several pages or even a chapter or 2
Old 04-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired05 View Post
b4 I updated if I turned the kobo off and then turned it on later to continue reading it went right back to where I left off no problems . Now it seemt to go back either several pages or even a chapter or 2
Is this when reading an epub or a kobo book? If you go to the home screen (by touching the home button) then power off, is your bookmark correctly set?
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired05 View Post
I think that's because it doesn't have time to save your bookmark when you turn it off right after reading if you use sleep mode instead of turning it off every time then it should bookmark your position.

Last edited by The Terminator; 05-05-2012 at 01:17 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
retired05

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I think that's because it doesn't have time to save your bookmark when you turn it off right after reading, if you went back to the home screen before turning off that might fix it, or just use sleep mode instead of turning it off every time.
That seems to work we are ok now
Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #7
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
You should be able to just power off and have it save your bookmark. My dad had the same problem with his. He did a factory reset and that fixes it. Just realize tht when you do that it wipes your Kobo completely and you'll have to do all your updates again and put all your books back on.

Jeff
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #8
retired05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1192 View Post
You should be able to just power off and have it save your bookmark. My dad had the same problem with his. He did a factory reset and that fixes it. Just realize tht when you do that it wipes your Kobo completely and you'll have to do all your updates again and put all your books back on.

Jeff
Thanks we will do that if it keeps happening