Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
how can i add alternate fonts

In the fonthack k5 thread someone had mananged to have own fonts without replacing system fonts.I created an empty file at the root and put averia fonts directly in the font folder and did ;fc-cache and pressed enter.then I went away for fifteen minutes and when I clicked aa to select font in books the kindle restarts.after I delete the USE_ALT_FONT file it goes back to normal

Last edited by techiemonkey; 07-28-2012 at 12:53 PM.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Help please.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:10 AM   #3
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

Help please.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
When a thread title starts with "how to" it should be a "HowTo" guide. Using a misleading and deceptive title as you often do is just going to make people frustrated and angry. You should probably start all your new threads with "How can I" instead ot "how to"...

AND you have been warned before that all this cross-posting is a BAD thing. That will also get people very annoyed at you.

And bumping your thread AGAIN after only 5 minutes is also not good. Get some manners. Really now...

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-28-2012 at 12:32 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #5
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

UPDATE:it now works.the mistake was that the fonts that i was using as alternate were already assigned to the system fonts.i deassigned them,deleted them and their .conf files from fonthack,created a file named USE_ALT_FONTS in the kindle root,put some fonts,typed ;fc-cache in the search bar,waited till it restarted framework and TADA!when i click aa button in a book there come both the system and alternate fonts.
NOTE:this thing only works on fonts named from A to G.the kindle sees the embedded filenames so simply renaming them wont do,you have to use a font editor to change the name of the embedded fonts.the kindle is capable of displaying 3 systemfonts and 3 alternat/user choosed fonts.