Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #961
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I don't know if this is related to the above discussion about the Kindle Fire, but it used to be possible to check out a book on the PC and then later download it directly
on my Sony PRS-T1, but this is no longer possible. If I check out the book on PC and then use the PRS-T1 to access the Overdrive library bookshelf, the books checked out on the PC show up with an error message "This device does not support this format".

It's not just me - somebody with a PRS-T3 reported the same issue in the Sony forum.
UPDATE - I accessed my Overdrive account via my PRS-T1 today - hadn't done that in a while. The books which were checked out via my home computer are now showing as downloadable on the PRS-T1.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #962
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Just saw something new on Overdrive... On my holds page, there is now an option for "autocheckout." Anybody used this yet?

pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #963
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Just saw something new on Overdrive... On my holds page, there is now an option for "autocheckout." Anybody used this yet?

That wasn't there last night. It's been added sometime in the last 12.5 hours.

I see you can also now suspend your hold and edit the email address, too.

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #964
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, OverDrive really needs to work on their webdesign. They keep marking the CSS as fresh for longer than they should and making their sites look horrible if you have recently visited. This isn't the first time it happened, and I'm sure plenty of people don't know to do a forced reload of the cache.

Perhaps they should find out ahead of time when they will be making changes and expire stuff faster in preparation...
Old 08-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #965
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Oooh, haven't been home yet to see that. I'd happily use autocheckout on at least some of my holds, as long as they still send the email so I know to go download them.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #966
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Oooh, haven't been home yet to see that. I'd happily use autocheckout on at least some of my holds, as long as they still send the email so I know to go download them.
Imagine getting this email if you're not notified:

"Your auto checkout of Puppy's First Bone will expire in 3 days"

...and you haven't checked your email for several days
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #967
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

I've got a bunch of things set up to autocheckout. I will report back if/when I get the email for one of them.

I'd assume so. It's not like the email alert address has disappeared from the book. But... who can tell?
Old 08-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #968
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Oh thanks! Just changed all my holds at Brooklyn to autocheckout!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #969
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Imagine getting this email if you're not notified:

"Your auto checkout of Puppy's First Bone will expire in 3 days"

...and you haven't checked your email for several days
Noooooo! But I've been waiting for Puppy's First Bone for almost 3 months! Or maybe it's Monkey's First Banana?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:50 AM   #970
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

I work fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	overdrive-auto-checkout-email.png
Views:	431
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	126360  

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-05-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:24 AM   #971
FizzyWater

I don't know how long it's been there, but when I was checking to see if you could choose to "auto checkout" as a default, I found a new (to me) option to choose a "maturity" range for searching and browsing. I generally just search by "all epub in the last 7 days" and some days it's nothing but golden or scholastic books.

So I'm experimenting with removing "Juvenile" from my range. I think there might be the occasional Young Adult I'd be willing to see, so I'm leaving those.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #972
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I'm getting an error when I try to recommend a title, it's a bar near the top of the page with no text, just an "X" to close. Same error in FF, Chrome, and IE. Anybody else getting the same? I've no time to pass this on to OD as I gots to get to work.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #973
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I don't know how long it's been there, but when I was checking to see if you could choose to "auto checkout" as a default, I found a new (to me) option to choose a "maturity" range for searching and browsing. I generally just search by "all epub in the last 7 days" and some days it's nothing but golden or scholastic books.
One time I forgot to designate epub/kindle books and I got a bunch of online Disney books--screen after screen after screen of 'em.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #974
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Here's some info about it:

http://help.overdrive.com/customer/p...-have-on-hold-

Now if only it could also log in to Amazon for me and download it to my Kindle, all automatically. How cool would that be?
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #975
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Thanks, eP! I switched one to auto-checkout yesterday. I just got an email that says: "The following digital title that you placed on hold has been automatically checked out to you." Cool!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote