Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
Liet
Liet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Cant't buy eBooks

Hi,

I have a Kindle several months ago, I have never bought an ebook but I have downloaded some free ebooks. Today I was looking the amazon website and I realised that (after singing in) I cant buy paid eBooks neither download free ebook, the only option I have are:

-Give as a gift
-Add to whish list
-Send sample now

I have my credit card and every data in my account, 1-click on, etc... what am I missing?

PD: I can buy any other stuff except eBooks
Liet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
You can only buy Kindle books as one click, which would be above Give as Gift.

If you don't have that, I dunno...
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Liet

I have 1-click "on" and can use it in any other item of Amazon except ebooks.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I suggest you give Amazon customer service a call.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:30 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Look in your account and see if your Kindle is showing up as still registered.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
Liet

It shows and its registered, in fact it appears in the Give as a gift option.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Are you in the US? Can you post a screen shot?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
Liet

Sorry guys, it was just that I use AdBlock extension in Chrome and it was blocking the 1-Click buttom...

The strange thing is that it was only blocking that buttom in ebooks and no in any other stuff sold by Amazon, weird.

Thanks anyway!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liet View Post
Sorry guys, it was just that I use AdBlock extension in Chrome and it was blocking the 1-Click buttom...

The strange thing is that it was only blocking that buttom in ebooks and no in any other stuff sold by Amazon, weird.

Thanks anyway!
How did you figure that out?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
Liet

After the customer service guy suggested me to switch to another browser and seeing that everything was working fine in Firefox where I dont have Adblock installed.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I have AdBlockPlus installed in Firefox and have no problem seeing the 1-click button for kindle books.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #12
Liet

Maybe depends of the list of filters I'm using