Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
London, Jack: The God of his Fathers: Tales of the Klondike.June 2007

I've always loved these short stories about the early Gold rush days.

(This collection by the way is correctly done)

In this collection there are 11 Stories. They are all filled with Ironic humour and are extremely entertaining!
London actually prospected for Gold for a few years in the Klondike. He also Boxed professionally and Hunted Whales and I don't know what all else off the top of my head. He led a fascinating life of adventure, then wrote about it.
I highly recommend.

Enjoy.

Roy

P.S. In this thread there is a discussion between Dr Drib and I about a different "Anthology' of London's Klondike tales I uploaded in a different thread. I've asked Harry to delete that collection since I made some HUGE mistakes in the formatting and neglected to check it out fully before I uploaded it.. On the reader it shows up with a new paragraph appearing in the middle of every second line.. Completely unacceptable and unreadable to boot. This file however, is correctly done without any problems. My Apologies to everyone who downloaded that file..

I plan on Finding all the Klondike tales that are available on the Net and posting a full Collection soon..
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The God of His Fathers Tales of the Klondike.lrf (608.8 KB, 1054 views)

Last edited by RWood; 11-27-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Added prefix
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:15 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
One of my favourite writers.
Thanks a lot
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2007, 06:50 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sorry to be pedantic, but are you SURE there should be an apostrophe in "father's"? If so, the question arises, the god of his father's WHAT?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

"D'OH!"

(With an apostrophe that stands for Homer's... Dealiemajig)
Old 06-27-2007, 03:05 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've corrected the thread title. Is it right in the book itself? I've not looked.
Advert
Old 07-05-2007, 05:05 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Just now noticed: Problems with BROKEN LINES on ALL stories...

...except the first story. [CORRECTION: Not this London book, but your OTHER London title you did. Sorry.]

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings here, but I may be the only one who opened the file and looked at these stories.

Also, good friend, there's ambiguity on the title as submitted, and the title(s) on the cover page and following page. (Those are minor, of course, but I thought you might want to know about the broken lines.)

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-05-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: It's the other London title you did.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #7
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Of course, I'll have to download this.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:54 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

London's fun to read.... I know Roy will correct the problem with the OTHER title....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Of course, I'll have to download this.
....once he sees my note about every line being broken (except the first story).

Don
Old 07-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #9
Roy White
Evangelist

Dr.. I just checked.. Ouch.. I'm embarrassed... I'm not sure how I can repost that after i edit this file... Or how to edit it without going through line by line, (Which would take hours) I have to take ten minutes and scroll through my uploads in the future...

Sorry...
Old 07-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Reposting is easy....

I've done it plenty of times.

Go to the upload area, where you normally upload a file....you go to this in the (I think it's called) the Advanced Edit area. Just go to your original post...you're going to edit your original post.

Just like you would normally post a file, there is the same window that comes up. You have a choice of leaving the original file or deleting it. You also have a choice of ADDING a new file. (Most people who have to repost name the new file with a "1.5" or something. This will be part of the name of the file, so you must add that to the name of your file.)

The next part is not so easy, because I don't know how your original file looks. Your FIRST STORY is perfect; it's those other stories that are problematic. Try to get all this as HTML files (if you haven't already done so), because they're so much easier to manipulate.

Anyway, you're not alone in posting revisions. I just did it for one of the ones I posted today. I deleted the original file and added the "1.5."

ONE OTHER THING: If you don't create a new thread (response) to your ORIGINAL thread, no one will know that you've posted a revision. So CREATE a reply -- just as if you were responding to someone's thread (except, in this case, it's your own thread). This will MOVE IT TO THE BEGINNING OF THE UPLOAD AREA SO PEOPLE WILL SEE IT.

I hope all this helps.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-05-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #11
Roy White
Evangelist

Don. I copied and pasted your instructions... then looked for my last file folder and argh.. Didn;t savea copy.. I guess I just need to redo the entire thing... Then i can post a version 1.5 Its on my to do list.. (Right after I finish The Brothers K. And re-roof my house.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:56 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Here are your choices (as I see them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Don. I copied and pasted your instructions... then looked for my last file folder and argh.. Didn;t savea copy.. I guess I just need to redo the entire thing... Then i can post a version 1.5 Its on my to do list.. (Right after I finish The Brothers K. And re-roof my house.
Been there, done that, too: I deleted the BD files on my first 2 or 3 that I put together, so had nothing to work with.

Ok: So here are your choices:

1) Do nothing (but perhaps put a "warning" on your original upload thread, and THEN create a response thread so that your file is again put to the top of the que. That way, those who are about to download it can decide for themselves if they indeed want to download it.

2) Ask Harry to delete the file (and all thread responses) completely -- assuming you are dissatisfied with the upload; that is, you've decided you're dissatisfied with the book itself.

------------------

Please keep in mind that I made an initial mistake and should have posted all this to the OTHER uploaded London file. That's my mistake. [This upload, on this thread - if anyone is reading this - is FINE.]

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-06-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #13
Roy White
Evangelist

dr.. You really are the Doctor arent you?

I think I'd rather that other file and thread was deleted. I truly am ashamed of such a hurried and lousy job of it...
As my kids say... "My Bad!"

I need to do a non hurried job on these anyway. I didn't really take the time to find all the Klondike shorts and make a true 'Anthology' Plus I don't think Anthology is a very good title anyway (For the other one) Maybe I should just put a title like.. " The Complete collected Klondike tales of Jack London" instead.

I think I'd like for Harry to delete the file and the thread completely.

I hope he is reading this...

Oh yes.. Harry the title in the book and file doesn't have that pesky Apostrophe in it.

Last edited by Roy White; 07-06-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:48 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

All gone.