Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #16
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Just watched the movie and now will reread the books. I enjoyed the books a lot more than the movie. Over 15 years ago this is the series that got me into reading Scifi and Fantasy before that I was reading mysteries like Agatha Christie and thrillers like Clancy, Grisham etc
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Just watched the movie and now will reread the books. I enjoyed the books a lot more than the movie. Over 15 years ago this is the series that got me into reading Scifi and Fantasy before that I was reading mysteries like Agatha Christie and thrillers like Clancy, Grisham etc
I just saw the movie and quite enjoyed it. I've never read the books, but the movie made me want to, so it's a success in that way, at least.

Thanks, Harry! I'm downloading now.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #18
GeePee59
GeePee59 began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet Android
I'll give it a try although my english needs improvement. Many Thanks !
GeePee59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Completely reformatted and thoroughly proofed against printed versions of all 11 of the books that comprise the omnibus. Goodness knows how many thousand errors corrected, and a considerable amount of text added which was previously missing. I would now regard this as a finished product; if you find any errors, no matter how small, please let me know so that they can be corrected. Uploaded v4.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #20
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Thanks for the hard work. Just got my copy.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've replaced the previous upload, because the cover image was distorted, due to incorrect conversion from Mobi to ePub. Thanks to JSWolf to pointing this out. There's been no change in the book, hence no change in the version number, but if you downloaded the book in the last day you may perhaps wish to re-download it.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

JSWolf has very kindly cleaned up the ePub version to remove issues arising from its conversion from Mobi format. These make no different (AFAIK) to the appearance of the book, but it does mean that the ePub files now passes ePub validation checks. I've uploaded his version in place of my own.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Many thanks go out to HarryT for his efforts in proofing this Omnibus. It's a heck of a lot of work and I for one do appreciate it. So helping to make it even better is a small thing to do to help out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
These stories were some of the earliest, totally independent reading choices I remember making. The nostalgia alone, after reading the very first chapter, had me grinning like an adolescent doofus.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #25
John2011
Enthusiast
John2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1
Thank you Harry for all your excellent work. You did an amazing job.

I am reading this book now and loving it.

I did notice a slight error though.
In the last line of the last chapter of the last book.

You have

[Note: This story was left incomplete by Edgar Rice burroughs on his death]

I would suggest that Edgar Rice should have his surname start with a Capital letter. 8-)

Peace,
John P
John2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks for pointing that out, John. You read that quickly . Typical that I'd make an error in pretty much the only line of text in the book that's mine and not Mr Burroughs's!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #27
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Thanks Harry for your fine work with this series. I am always pointing interested readers in this direction when the only the Gutenberg editions are mentioned.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #28
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Hi HarryT, I wanted to share the following feedback on images in case it is of help: Gutenberg makes available a significantly higher resolution image of the one that begins in front of A Princess of Mars (Dejah Thoris)--maybe others as well. Also, in iBooks the classic pulp book cover images are not centered and scaled (half show on another page) and likewise are also low resolution. The centering/scaling issue is one you have solved in the past as the Pride and Prejudice ePub doesn't have that problem.
Thanks!
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The pulp covers not being centered is an iBooks issue. Download Bluefire Reader and use that to read this and it will display better as iBooks has a number of oddities and it's not worth trying to fix this so it works with iBooks (IMHO).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #30
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
JSWolf: It is true there is always a better reader program, but there is value in keeping an eye out toward iBooks because it has a massive installable base along with iTunes university and devices like the iPhone 4 have a 326 dpi screen. New iPad is also a similarly high dpi. iBooks has nice graphics and is easy to use. A lot of people use it.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote