Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 07:43 AM   #1
fyrogenesis
Undead
fyrogenesis began at the beginning.

Device: Omnia, Kindle 3, Dell Streak, Asus TF101, iPad 2 3g 64gb, Note
Kindle app for tablet never sleep.

Hi. i found out that Kindle app for Honeycomb (asus TF101) makes the screen stay awake. i didnt get this issue in Froyo (Dell Streak)

have anyone else faced this problem? i always read occasionally when doing something else so this is a real battery drainer.

tq~
fyrogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrogenesis View Post
Hi. i found out that Kindle app for Honeycomb (asus TF101) makes the screen stay awake. i didnt get this issue in Froyo (Dell Streak)

have anyone else faced this problem? i always read occasionally when doing something else so this is a real battery drainer.

tq~
I haven't encountered this on my Sony.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
fyrogenesis
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I haven't encountered this on my Sony.
oh. i dunno why it happened on my asus. how long did u set the screen timeout? i put it at 1minute.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
True on Xoom and on Fire(I believe).
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
oh. i dunno why it happened on my asus. how long did u set the screen timeout? i put it at 1minute.
Mine is set to 5.

Some reading apps give you the option to keep screen on while reading.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #6
fyrogenesis
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Mine is set to 5.

Some reading apps give you the option to keep screen on while reading.
yeah. i know that. but not kindle app. ALL other readers have option to enable or disable the 'keep the display awake'.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
yeah. i know that. but not kindle app. ALL other readers have option to enable or disable the 'keep the display awake'.
Right. I wasn't implying that the Kindle app does. Just mentioning the omission.