Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
Ler0y Jenkins
Connoisseur
Ler0y Jenkins doesn't litterLer0y Jenkins doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Where are the books saved??

Hello everyone...

I'm trying to figure out where the .epub files are saved when you download them from the Sony store using Sony's software. I bought a new phone that has an app that can read .epub files so I'd like to transfer the files from my computer to my phone so I can read while I'm on the road and don't have my ereader with me.

Any help?? Thanks,

Kevin
Ler0y Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Well, on XP it's My Documents\My Books\eBook Library by default, I think.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
On OS X it's pretty on "/Users/<YourUserName>/Documents/My Books" so pretty much the same thing. With that said not sure if your device can read them due to the DRM...
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
Ler0y Jenkins
Connoisseur
Ler0y Jenkins doesn't litterLer0y Jenkins doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
On OS X it's pretty on "/Users/<YourUserName>/Documents/My Books" so pretty much the same thing. With that said not sure if your device can read them due to the DRM...
I don't think it can... I was hoping they would just be saved as individual .epub files but, of course, nothing can be that easy...

Anyone know of a way around this issue? I find it very frustrating that these corporations feel the need to restrict everything so that honest people like me who rightfully pay for the books I read can't read them on multiple devices... which is a reasonable expectation.
Ler0y Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

It's under My Documents/My Books/Reader Library. And the file names are the titles not a bunch of letters and numbers that make no sense.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
If you own them I know there's a process to remove the DRM. You can find it in the epub section of this forum. I've been doing that with every book I've bought in case I want to switch devices (Nook) whenever it's all patched. It works really well if you do it on a Windows box and now I've switched my book management 100% to Calibre. Only use the ReaderLibrary to buy the books themselves.
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Open the book in Reader Library and click the info ("i") button. It should show you the full path to the file.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote