Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Kindle Fire

OK, I have to admit I preordered one of these. It's a Christmas present for my son. However, if he's naughty ...

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Color-M...pf_rd_i=507846

These are nice too:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wi-Fi-I...pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Touch-W...S0SEHZ1BCQ0VMS

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Touch-F...pf_rd_i=507846

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-28-2011 at 11:43 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
nice......i have to admit though, i'm a nook sort of guy.
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I love that the Kindle tablet has a USB port. Wish the NC did.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I love that the Kindle tablet has a USB port. Wish the NC did.
I don't think it has a USB port like the Entourage Edge. It appears that it is a micro sd like the Nook Color has. According to Amazon's specs it has "USB 2.0 (micro-B connector)"
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I'm not buying one then!

(j/k) (I love gadgets, too LOL)
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
The Fire is the first tablet that's grabbed my attention (I despise apple...) and I would have dropped cash on one today. Unfortunately, no word on availability in Canada.

Clearly, it's not going to be good for note-taking or as easy on the eyes as an eInk screen, but it looks soooo nice, and appears to have great performance and content.

I've been reading a lot today that we might be better to wait for Fire 2.0 in the few months after Fire 1.0 ships. The current version lacks an SD card slot, bluetooth, and GPS. Couldn't care less about the lack of camera or mic...
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
The Fire is the first tablet that's grabbed my attention (I despise apple...)
What's not to love about a company that beats the competition by suing them?
Old 09-29-2011, 02:13 AM   #8
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
What's not to love about a company that beats the competition by suing them?
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
I'm watching for the Toshiba thrive 7", or the Lenovo 7". Almost went for the the Acer 7", but no GPS . The PE will remain my "work" tablet, but I'm looking for a "play" tab. Besides not being available in Canada, I'm not "warm" on the Fire's specs.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
I'm watching for the Toshiba thrive 7", or the Lenovo 7". Almost went for the the Acer 7", but no GPS . The PE will remain my "work" tablet, but I'm looking for a "play" tab. Besides not being available in Canada, I'm not "warm" on the Fire's specs.
A 7" Toshiba Thrive will be nice. The specs for the Fire look pretty good as far as the processor and the video it's just that Amazon is choosing to me more Apple like in trying to corral users into their world.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #11
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
A 7" Toshiba Thrive will be nice. The specs for the Fire look pretty good as far as the processor and the video it's just that Amazon is choosing to me more Apple like in trying to corral users into their world.
The lack of bluetooth, camera, gps and mike are what's bugging me. Usb is probably not host, so no keyboard hookup.

I have no *real* beef with Apple; most of the issues other people have with them don't really affect me (and if they did, I'd jailbreak ). So if Apple came out with a 7" ipod with gps, I'd go for that.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
The lack of bluetooth, camera, gps and mike are what's bugging me. Usb is probably not host, so no keyboard hookup.

I have no *real* beef with Apple; most of the issues other people have with them don't really affect me (and if they did, I'd jailbreak ). So if Apple came out with a 7" ipod with gps, I'd go for that.
The Toshiba Thrive meets all of the above. I seriously considered this tablet and if it drops a litltle more in price who knows.

I really didn't have much of a beef with Apple either until I read this:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/a...75?tag=nl.e550
Old 09-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
No GPS - how can I find my way around?
No Bluetooth - there is no way to rectify "No GPS" issue with third-party hardware.
No SD card slot- my memory already overflowing, there is no way to archive my mainframe knowledge.
No mic - how would I talk to myself?
No camera - I won't be able to see my sorry face.
I've already canceled my (pre-) order.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #14
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
No Bluetooth - there is no way to rectify "No GPS" issue with third-party hardware.
No SD card slot- my memory already overflowing, there is no way to archive my mainframe knowledge.
I agree it's missing a lot but just think how much you might possibly be able to get for it on eBay comes the time everyone wants one. Case in point: HP Touchpad.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #15
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
Keep in mind, it's a KINDLE, not an Android Tablet. They've taken the Android OS and put layers and layers of Amazon on top of it. They've stripped out the market and put in their own app store. I know it will get hacked, but the hardware lacking can't be put back in.
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote