Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
pvdv
Enthusiast
pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, BeBook Neo
filesize smaller when using Mobigen instead of Creator?

I have two questions concerning conversions to Mobipocket format (from .LIT). I converted "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Volume I" (of three volumes)

1) Why is the filesize so much smaller when using Mobigen, as opposed to Mobipocket Creator? I used both last night and the size was about 1 MB smaller : 3,7 MB to 2,8 MB....
I didn't use any cmd-line options with Mobigen.
Just "Mobigen.exe filename.opf".

With Creator i used the normal compression scheme.. no Huffdic compression used in either case. There were also a lot of images used in the book. Jpeg's. I made creator use them as jpeg's by setting the options accordingly.

2) It was a .LIT format and after using ConvertLIT i had to change a lot of filename references in the main .html file to match it's own title. I read about that issue somewhere later on, but by then i had already figured it out.
I noticed however that the notes in this book were made using <li> and <ol class ...> in the html file. In firefox the notes display properly: as a numberd list.
After conversion however, there is no numbered list but just a big block of text...it's unreadable

How can this be solved?
pvdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
mobigen will rescale the images so they are less than 64K. I think that with MobiPocket Creator you can generate files without rescaling. These files will not work on a Palm PDA. I think there is an option for this.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:11 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're not adding the image files to the file list in Mobi Creator are you? If you do that, they get included in the output file TWICE. You should only have the HTML file(s) in the file list, not the images.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
pvdv
Enthusiast
pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, BeBook Neo
No i didn't put the images in the filelist. But the a lot of the images are over 64K so Tompe's got a point. Is there no way to keep Mobigen from rescaling them?

Mobigen gave me working numbered notes list at the end of each chapter (after editing the html file by replacing <li class.....> with just <li>. And making sure <ol ...> was just <ol>)
Creator didn't give me the numbers before each note (?!) even though i used the same edited html file as with Mobigen..
pvdv is offline   Reply With Quote