Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #46
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Awesome! Although I'm sorry that it had to come to that for a replacement. If only your previous K3 could have found it's way back to the rightful owner.
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #47
mean_gene
Enthusiast
mean_gene began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/Wifi
sucks. nuf said.
mean_gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #48
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
Just an update, my wife gave me a K3 with the lighted cover for Christmas to replace the lost one.
Very cool ending to the story, though it still must sting that your original Kindle was lost - stolen apparently - in the first place.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #49
Jedi Beavis
Jedi Beavis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Sorry for your loss.

Jedi Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #50
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I've got a new Kindle to replace the one that got stolen, but unfortunately it doesn't work all that well. Apparently there is a fault associated with the non-lighted cover.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #51
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
nope! they are mostly glad she is not a bear!

she attracts admirers everywhere. it's like traveling with a rock star
The kids in my village call my black and white newfie boy the bear.

Rock star is the understatement with these, everyone wants to watch them wherever you go.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #52
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
Just an update, my wife gave me a K3 with the lighted cover for Christmas to replace the lost one.
oooh - you got a good wife!

Congrats on the new Kindle and I'm glad you didn't have to suffer for too long without a reading device.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #53
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
oooh - you got a good wife!
That was one criterion of selection (giving gadgets as gifts for holidays) This is our tenth year anniversary year.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #54
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
I've got a new Kindle to replace the one that got stolen, but unfortunately it doesn't work all that well. Apparently there is a fault associated with the non-lighted cover.
I read about this issue here, maybe you'll find that thread useful.

Last edited by maianhvk; 01-03-2011 at 11:34 AM.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #55
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
yes, there is. Amazon is replacing them for free PLUS giving a credit to purchase a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
The kids in my village call my black and white newfie boy the bear.

Rock star is the understatement with these, everyone wants to watch them wherever you go.
they are so awesome!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #56
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your new Kindle. Take it out of the cover and it should work fine. There is indeed a known problem with the non-lighted Amazon Kindle cover and Amazon has acknowledged it. The Amazon cover without the light causes the Kindle 3 to freeze and spontaneously reboot, possibly due to a problem with static electricity build up or .....? from the hooks that hold the cover onto the Kindle. Call Amazon's Kindle CS; they are either refunding the money for the cover or, for some folks, they have actually sent a lighted cover to replace the problematic non-lighted cover.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #57
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I called Amazon and they gave me a refund on the cover and a £21 credit as well, so I spent the total on a satisfactory lighted cover. I don't really need the light, but I do need a cover that doesn't gum up the works.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote