Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
New SONY FREEBIES!

Found some new Sony Freebies:

The Demon Awakens, by R. A. Salvatore

A young man discovers his true heritage when his village is destroyed by goblins & he is called upon to battle a horrific beast. In a volcanic cavern an evil beast awakens & wrecks terror on the enchanted land of Corona. Meanwhile, on a far-off island, magic gems fall to the beach, carrying with them all that is good in the world & all that is evil. Pray they do not fall into the beast's hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First to Fight: Book One of Starfist, by David Sherman, Dan Clegg

"Marines, we have just become a low-tech deep recon patrol . . ."Stranded in a hellish alien desert, stripped of their strategic systems, quick reaction force, and supporting arms, and carrying only a day's water ration, Marine Staff Sergeant Charlie Bass and his seven-man team faced a grim future seventy-five light-years from home. The only thing between his Marines and safety was eighty-five miles of uncharted, waterless terrain and two thousand bloodthirsty savages with state-of-the-art weapons in their hands and murder on their minds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Templar Legacy, by Steve Berry

The ancient order of the Knights Templar possessed untold wealth and absolute power over kings and popes . . . until the Inquisition, when they were wiped from the face of the earth, their hidden riches lost. But now two forces vying for the treasure have learned that it is not at all what they thought it was-and its true nature could change the modern world. Cotton Malone, one-time top operative for the U.S. Justice Department, is enjoying his quiet new life as an antiquarian book dealer in Copenhagen when an unexpected call to action reawakens his hair-trigger instincts-and plunges him back into the cloak-and-dagger world he thought he'd left behind. It begins with a violent robbery attempt on Cotton's former supervisor, Stephanie Nelle, who's far from home on a mission that has nothing to do with national security. Armed with vital clues to a series of centuries-old puzzles scattered across Europe, she means to crack a mystery that has tantalized scholars and fortune-hunters through the ages by finding the legendary cache of wealth and forbidden knowledge thought to have been lost forever when the order of the Knights Templar was exterminated in the fourteenth century.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Glad you found them, but I believe these were released as free last week - I got them on the 4th.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Thanks for this.
I had a weird thing happen. I picked up the Themplar Legacy and when I fetched the metadata in Calibre it picked up the French info. and cover. So, I picked up another ISBN from Chapters on line and fetched the English info.
Did this happen to anyone else?
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
glenn cornish
glenn cornish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-book
Jealously looking at Berry's Templars free on US Sony store - however, never seem to see any UK freebies! I've seen hints that it's possible to get rounf the (ridiculous) geographical restrictions - is anyone at liberty to tell me how please? Or am I looking in the wrong place for the odd UK freebie - I do also buy ebooks - I don't want to completely freeload! Advice please
glenn cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn cornish View Post
Jealously looking at Berry's Templars free on US Sony store - however, never seem to see any UK freebies! I've seen hints that it's possible to get rounf the (ridiculous) geographical restrictions - is anyone at liberty to tell me how please? Or am I looking in the wrong place for the odd UK freebie - I do also buy ebooks - I don't want to completely freeload! Advice please
Just create an account with the usa store, pick any random address and using v3 of the the library software you can go in and get the free books.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
doone
doone began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300; eee pc
thanks for the heads up!
doone is offline   Reply With Quote