Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-01-2023, 03:58 AM   #1
eedeeyota
eedeeyota began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sync with Kindle library having just a Kindle Android App

Hello everybody, greetings as this is my first post.
I chosen Android with Kindle App as my device in the first time setup, but regardless, I can't see my Kindle titles in my library.
To be honest, I know nearly nothing about Calibre and I just quickly skimmed through the documentation (especially the FAQ section).
Now, why can't I see a list of my Kindle content?
Here is a screenshot of my library:
(Why doesn't the image show?)
Thanks for any help, have a nice day. Regards =)
eedeeyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 12:30 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eedeeyota View Post
Hello everybody, greetings as this is my first post.
I chosen Android with Kindle App as my device in the first time setup, but regardless, I can't see my Kindle titles in my library.
To be honest, I know nearly nothing about Calibre and I just quickly skimmed through the documentation (especially the FAQ section).
Now, why can't I see a list of my Kindle content?
Here is a screenshot of my library:
(Why doesn't the image show?)
Thanks for any help, have a nice day. Regards =)
You would need to transfer the books from your Kindle library to calibre. This would require either downloading them from Amazon or extracting them from your Android device. This in not something that calibre can do automatically and will also require you to be able to remove the DRM from them.

As for the image? The URL you supplied for Pasteboard is not the URL of the image. You could right-click on the image and copy the link but since your image is larger than 600x800 pixels, you would use the preferred solution and attach it to your message using the paperclip/Manage Attachments tool.

Note that the link below is wrapped in [no parse] to allow humans to see it and to keep me out of trouble with the greenies for oversized images.

[IMG]https://gcdnb.pbrd.co/images/VIwgX2se1ScZ.png[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle_library.png
Views:	49
Size:	639.9 KB
ID:	202383  

Last edited by DNSB; 07-01-2023 at 12:34 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2023, 12:45 PM   #3
eedeeyota
eedeeyota began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, an automatic solution was indeed what I was looking for...
Ok,nevermind.
Thanks for the image stuff, I'll keep it for the future =)

Regards.
eedeeyota is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, library