Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-15-2016, 02:37 AM   #1
S1962
S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.S1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
How annoying reading a series of novels when there are some of the novels missing

I wished that I could find a few novels that I can read on my Kindle Fire.
So long as they are digital,I can convert them with Calibre.

Harold Coyle Scott Dixon series
Charles D. Taylor
Craig Thomas
David E Meadows,Dark Pacific series and Charlie Class
Gordon Kent,The Spoils of War
James H. Cobb,Amanda Garrett series,Sea Fighter & Target Lock
Mack Maloney,Chopper Ops,Zero Red & Shuttle Down
Michael Dimercurio,Threat Vector,Emergency Deep & Vertical Dive.

I have 458 e-pubs but need the ones above to finish the series,all of which I have read,with exception to the listed ones............................How annoying reading a series of novels when there are some of the novels missing from the collection.
S1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:36 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1962 View Post
https://www.harpercollins.co.uk/9780...-spoils-of-war

That one wasn't too hard to find: available in the UK from Amazon, Apple, Google, Kobo, etc.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1962 View Post

I wished that I could find a few novels that I can read on my Kindle Fire.
So long as they are digital,I can convert them with Calibre.

Harold Coyle Scott Dixon series
Charles D. Taylor
Craig Thomas
David E Meadows,Dark Pacific series and Charlie Class
James H. Cobb,Amanda Garrett series,Sea Fighter & Target Lock
Mack Maloney,Chopper Ops,Zero Red & Shuttle Down
Michael Dimercurio,Threat Vector,Emergency Deep & Vertical Dive.

I have 458 e-pubs but need the ones above to finish the series,all of which I have read,with exception to the listed ones............................How annoying reading a series of novels when there are some of the novels missing from the collection.
I'm keeping my eye out for the Harold Coyle Scott Dixon series and James H Cobb, Amanda Garrett series as well. I've got them in hard back, but would like to buy in ebook. I've noticed some similar authors are starting to come out with their backlist in ebook, so I have hope. Part of the problem with the Amanda Garrett series is that Cobb died a couple of years ago. Odds are it may be a while before all the who owns what and if there is actually an electronic version of the books gets determined. The good news with Harold Coyle is that Team Yankee came out in ebook recently, so maybe some of his backlist is finally going to come out.

I agree about series with missing books being very annoying. It use to be a lot worse back when we were talking about paper.

Last edited by pwalker8; 12-15-2016 at 09:10 AM.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #4
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I enjoy reading Dean Koontz. I've read the Odd Thomas and Frankenstein series, but I am reluctant to start reading the Moonlight Bay series since the third novel of the trilogy may never be published. If Ride the Storm is ever released I'll start reading Fear Nothing.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:36 AM   #5
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenkins View Post
I enjoy reading Dean Koontz. I've read the Odd Thomas and Frankenstein series, but I am reluctant to start reading the Moonlight Bay series since the third novel of the trilogy may never be published. If Ride the Storm is ever released I'll start reading Fear Nothing.
Really. Don't let that stop you. The books (so far...) are independent stories, with the setting and characters basically the only real commonality. Oh, one other commonality: they're both excellent stories.

Have I mentioned (today) that Koontz is my favorite living author? With the other "favorites" being MacDonald and Heinlein--both of whom were hugely influential on Koontz.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2016, 11:06 PM   #6
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I have problems with foreign series that don't all issues translated. I stopped reading a Russian book recently when I found that I couldn't get an English version of the next volume. i won't read any more until I know the 2nd book is avail in English.

(I just don't do well in Cyrillic.)
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #7
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Okay, so how about this one? Robert J Sawyer first in series Far Seer free from Tor �� Second and third books don't seem to be available anywhere as ebooks, only dead tree and audio. ��
What is the point of an entry drug if one can't continue with an addiction? Grrrry
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well he IS a member here... Ask him RobertJSawyer
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:31 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And they're all available through Kobo in Canada.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:53 AM   #10
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Okay, so how about this one? Robert J Sawyer first in series Far Seer free from Tor �� Second and third books don't seem to be available anywhere as ebooks, only dead tree and audio. ��
What is the point of an entry drug if one can't continue with an addiction? Grrrry
He just re-published them himself at the end of last year on kobo in the UK.

Tor has the US rights, I believe.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:13 AM   #11
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Thank you for the heads up on Kobo, just snagged them from the UK. As right now I'm in Thailand that got interesting for a moment, but I have them and got to use my store credit on them ��
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote