Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
peartree
Enthusiast
peartree began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Adding chapter markers to Kindle books

I purchased a book from the Kindle store last night, and it doesn't have any chapter markers. It does have a table of contents though, so it seems like it should. Is there a way to add chapter markers, perhaps through Calibre? It's also left justified, instead of fully justified. Can I fix that in Calibre too? Let me know if I should post this in the Calibre forum instead...
peartree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It would probably be better in the calibre forum. But quickly: the problem is that the ebook in question was built with no ncx file... that's what generates the chapter markers. You may be able to fix it with calibre, but that depends on whether there is an easy way to tell calibre how to identify (accurately and consistently) where a new chapter/section starts (completely independent of the inline Table of Contents).

You could also convert it to epub and open it with Sigil to generate your own ncx and then convert it back to mobi for the Kindle.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert