Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Exclamation KOBO 40% Off one ebook Expires 2/25

IN MY EMAIL...

To express how much we have missed you, enjoy 40% off your next eBook purchase!

Since you last visited us, we have added 1000s of eBooks to our store! Use c4auto40 coupon code and receive 40% off select eBook purchase!

Offer valid from February 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM through February 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discount code is valid for one time 40% off any eBook purchase excluding those from the following publishers: In the UK - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Penguin, Random House, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan, and all respective subsidiary imprints. In the US - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin, Random House, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan, and all respective subsidiary imprints. In CA - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan, and all respective subsidiary imprints. In NZ - Hachette Book Group, and Wiley, and all respective subsidiary imprints. In AU - Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Macmillan Australia, Simon & Schuster, Wiley, and Zondervan, and all respective subsidiary imprints. Newspapers and magazines are excluded from this offer. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
But what books can you buy with it? All the big publishers won't let you discount their books
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
ooh, good one! Thanks! I can take a momentary break from trying to win another 35% code.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:39 AM   #4
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Thank you! Hearts of Steel by Meljean Brook have been on my wishlist for ages. This puts the price at 8.50 incl. VAT instead of 14.11 incl. VAT. ( Yes, I know Berkley is Agency, but Kobo and Books on board views Sweden as a non-agency territory. )
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Julia_
Julia_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Julia_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Julia_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Julia_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Julia_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 350, Kindle 3
Thank you! I found something and it worked very well even from Germany.

Julia_
Julia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
Lorif
Lorif began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, prs-t1
kobo format issues?

Hi,
I received that coupon as well, and have not used it yet. I had not been buying from kobo because of formatting problems on 2 books I had purchased in Nov. The "incident" was put to tier 2, but they never responded back after that so I was never able to read the books (I am not a tech wiz looking to make buying books a project).
Has anybody else had this problem and know that the issues are no longer happening? Right now I feel like it would be a gamble to buy from them.
I read ebooks with a sony, not on an ipad or pc.
Thanks
Lori
Lorif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia_ View Post
Thank you! I found something and it worked very well even from Germany.

Julia_
Thanks for that!
This and the last code wouldn't work for me, now I've tried it with Opera instead of Firefox and it worked fine. Guess they changed something and now it doesn't play well with my NoScript
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
The code wouldn't work for me using IE9 in Aust. store.

EDIT - Odd it wouldn't work last night but did this morning Thanks!

Last edited by melmac; 02-21-2012 at 08:27 PM.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
mlstein
Enthusiast
mlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it is

Device: iPad (one)
Thanks. This is especially great for university press books, few of which are priced using the agency model.
mlstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
IN MY EMAIL...

To express how much we have missed you, enjoy 40% off your next eBook purchase!

Since you last visited us, we have added 1000s of eBooks to our store! Use c4auto40 coupon code and receive 40% off select eBook purchase!
Wow - they missed you more than me, apparently. I got one of these in my e-mail a while back, and it was only for 25% off. Sigh!

And, I had assumed, apparently incorrectly, that it was an individual code linked to my account, so I didn't post it. If I get another one in the future, I will...

Anyway, many thanks for posting!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
But what books can you buy with it? All the big publishers won't let you discount their books
But there are still lots of other publishers who will, and I'm really enjoying discovering books outside of those published by the big six. And, even some of the "secondary" brands of the big six, or those distributed by the big six, are discountable sometimes depending on where you live.

I like mysteries, so those are the ones I know. In that area, Soho Press/Crime titles are discountable, even though distributed by Random House. Melville House, Poisoned Pen Press, and Langtail Press are also (or have been, things do change) discountable, just off the top of my head.

I assume it's similar in other genres, but don't know for sure.

But, it's worth looking IMO, especially with a 40% off coupon, which is rare for Kobo these days!

Afterthought: I do, however, sometimes try to buy directly from the small press, without a coupon, if I think their titles are fairly priced, because I want the smaller presses to keep putting out both new/different books and older backlist titles in e-book.

Last edited by sufue; 02-21-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added afterthought
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Here's a partial list of publishers that Kobo carries who allow discounting...

Allen & Unwin
Amherst Media
AuthorHouse
BBC Digital
BowTie Press
Carina Press
Cram 101
Crown House Publishing
Disney Hyperion
Dreamspinner Press
Ebury Publishing
Ellora's Cave
ePenguin
Greystone Books
Hampton Roads Publishing
Harlequin
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Hyperion
Indigo
Kenilworth Press
Kensington
Kids Can Press
Kimani Press
Ladybird
Langtail Press
Leisure Books
Luna
Melville House
Menage Amour
Mira
Motorbooks
New World Library
Open Court
Open Road
Penguin New Zealand
Poisoned Pen Press
Posse Management Publishing
PublicAffairs
Random House UK
ReadHowYouWant
Rodale
Samhain
Scholastic
Seal Press
Siren Publishing
Soho Press
Storey Publishing, LLC
Story Plant
Sourcebooks
Thomas Nelson
TransWorld Digital
Vanguard Press
Vintage Digital
W. W. Norton & Company
Xlibris
Zebra

Last edited by AnemicOak; 02-21-2012 at 12:54 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #13
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
A few more
Belle Books
Dorchester
Lyrical Press
Medallion Press
Sourcebooks
Walker Books
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #14
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Cool, there are a couple Disney Hyperion books my daughter wants, plus I am wanting to pick up the Hunger Games Trilogy which does allow discounting.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #15
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Excellent. I was able to use this to get a book I've been after for ages but which was seriously overpriced as an ebook. 40% off was just about enough to make it reasonable.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
40% off, kobo