Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur
Erminio Mostacci began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, iRex DR 1000, Cybook Gen3
Exclamation Downgrade Dingo FAILED!

I'm going on a huge mess.
I tried to downgrade to Dingo, following the instructions written below.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Download the Golden Update file for edge or pocket edge.
eDGe 2.0 http://www.entourageedge.com/support...ate.golden.zip
Pocket http://www.entourageedge.com/support...ate.golden.zip
2. Rename the file to "update.zip"
3. Place this file in the root (not a subdirectory) of a USB stick
4. Verify your edge/pocket is OFF.
5. Insert the USB stick into a USB port on the device.
6. While holding down the MENU and ROTATE buttons on the LCD side of the device, press the power key.
7. Continue to hold the MENU and ROTATE keys down for 10 seconds. 8. After 1-2 minutes you should see an "Updating software" splash screen. Because we are downgrading versions of Android in this procedure, there is a catch. The procedure above will not be able to completely update, and we will need to run the update procedure twice.
9. After the "Updating Software" splash screen has been displayed for MORE than 20 minutes, press the reset button with a paper clip on the pocket. On the eDGe, remove the battery and AC.
10. Once the eDGe/pocket is off, leave the USB stick inserted and while holding down the MENU and ROTATE buttons on the LCD side of the device, press the power key.
11. Continue to hold the MENU and ROTATE keys for 10 seconds.
12. After 1-2 minutes you should see an "Updating software" splash screen.
13. After ~15 minutes the device will reboot and will be running the latest Donut (Dingo) build.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came regularly to the point 9.
But when I rebooted with the USB stick inserted and press the power button and the buttons and rotate down menu does not start.
Turns on the device, but is frozen with the first ball of the process and should not be illuminated later on. The blue ball of the trackball is lit, the reader e-book is written at the start page with the READ / WRITE / SURF.

Now I do not know what to do.
Someone can tell me how to fix or provide a link in the forum?

Thank you.
Erminio Mostacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I'm little help I am sure but there was a thread about using smaller usb sticks but I don't know if it relates to this problem. You might search for usb sticks or usb drives and see if you find something.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Erminio, this is sad news!

I know when people are trying to upgrade some files work better than others. Is there another source for the Dingo Golden Update? (I don't have time to search now, but if you don't find it I will come back later and look.)

Best of luck to you!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hello again, Erminio!

Here's an old thread that might have some useful tips: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=137805, and here is another source for the Golden Update: http://dustyfeet.com/edge/.

I hope something works for you, if it hasn't already!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erminio Mostacci View Post
I came regularly to the point 9.
But when I rebooted with the USB stick inserted and press the power button and the buttons and rotate down menu does not start.
Turns on the device, but is frozen with the first ball of the process and should not be illuminated later on. The blue ball of the trackball is lit, the reader e-book is written at the start page with the READ / WRITE / SURF.

Now I do not know what to do.
Someone can tell me how to fix or provide a link in the forum?

Thank you.
A few of things to try:
Use a USB stick of about 1 GB size.
Make sure it is formatted FAT.
Check the update.zip file is still on the USB stick, if not copy it again and continue from point 9.
Check, by opening it on your computer, that the update.zip is valid.

Those are the first things that come to mind. The results of trying those would determine the next things to try.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur
Erminio Mostacci began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, iRex DR 1000, Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
A few of things to try:
Use a USB stick of about 1 GB size.
Make sure it is formatted FAT.
Check the update.zip file is still on the USB stick, if not copy it again and continue from point 9.
Check, by opening it on your computer, that the update.zip is valid.

Those are the first things that come to mind. The results of trying those would determine the next things to try.
Thanks,
I tried all your suggestions, but I could resolve nothing.

Really I don't know what it has happened and so I can't imagine any solution.
I hope that someone can suggest other ways for re-installing Dingo or Hermine.
Erminio Mostacci is offline   Reply With Quote