Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
J.M. Pierce
Author of Failing Test
J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle
Duality - A Dark Christian Fantasy Novella

Can the damned be saved?

Kurt Lavine is at the end of his rope. Having buried his wife and eldest daughter, his grip on reality begins to fade. The loss of his loved ones, as well as his job, sends him into a downward spiral filled with alcohol and self pity. Inevitably, his mother has reported him to DHS, resulting in the loss of his two remaining children. Desperate and capable of anything, Kurt has nothing to lose...or so he thinks.

The day comes when, in a fit of anger, Kurt kills a man. In his attempt to flee, his tumultuous life comes to an abrupt end. For some, death is a blessing, but for Kurt, death is a name, or more specifically, his new name: Gavril--Satan's newest demon servant. Though his life was filled with pain, his death is tormented with the memories of the destruction his days above Hell purchased. Having successfully harvested the soul he's desired, Satan sees him as an easy mark; however, he's not counting on the fact that Gavril retains his faith. Even among the damned, Gavril knows that there is only one name that matters in both Heaven and Hell, but is his enduring faith, combined with the love of his children, enough to save him?

Duality is loosely based on the Book of Job from the Old Testament.

Here is Author Maria Hooley's review of Duality:
"Duality, at a basic level, is a moral tale. Yes, it does have a Christian emphasis, but to simply slot it as Christian fiction would be inaccurate. It's character-driven story touched with elements of horror and the supernatural. In as much as it's a loosely adapted version of Job, it is every bit an examination of how choice unravels a human spirit, and it is that exact crossroads that makes this story both riveting and horrific.

I'll admit, I hated the protagonist at first. Pierce abruptly slams the reader into a situation that is very uncomfortable, rather like being in the head of a psychopath, in some respects, and it's not until I read most of the story I understood that the main character was not evil for the sake of evil. While he has done many inexcusable things, he has also had events thrust upon him which have taken their toll. Nonetheless, I really felt that I could never find the goodness within this character, but Pierce managed to turn that around as well, demonstrating a novel with realistic individuals.

If you are looking for a well-written story full of wonderful description and thought, I'd definitely recommend this read."

You can purchase your DRM free copy of Duality here:
http://www.amazon.com/Duality-A-Nove...pr_product_top

Thank you in advance and take care!

J.M. Pierce
J.M. Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
J.M. Pierce
Author of Failing Test
J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.J.M. Pierce is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle
Duality is now available for your Nook! Here is the link:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Dua...ty+j.m.+pierce
J.M. Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book of job, demon, j.m. pierce, old testament, satan