Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-26-2023, 08:23 AM   #1
spartanhooah
spartanhooah began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Cover image different in library than in viewer

I picked up some DRM-free books from Humble Bundle, but their covers were all just the title and author. I figured I'd spruce them up with the actual covers. This works fine on my ereader and in Calibre's viewer, but in the library view, the covers are still the generic images. How can I get Calibre to update the covers there?
spartanhooah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 09:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Let me get this 100% (affects what solution). The CALIBRE viewer shows the correct cover?

I DO NOT RECOMMEND WILLY-NILLY BULK USAGE: Careful selected might be OK.

If YES:
Simply open the Metadata editor ('E'): Select the format ( you viewed, if more than 1).:click the book icon to the left of the format (set cover from selected format): OK
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 10:39 AM   #3
spartanhooah

That worked beautifully, thank you! It also fixed the covers on my Kobo's library view.

Edit: but for some reason the generic cover is shown when the Kobo is sleeping. Well, that ses like a problem for a different subforum.

Last edited by spartanhooah; 11-26-2023 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Add some extra information
Old 11-26-2023, 12:11 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanhooah View Post
That worked beautifully, thank you! It also fixed the covers on my Kobo's library view.

Edit: but for some reason the generic cover is shown when the Kobo is sleeping. Well, that ses like a problem for a different subforum.
Kobo utilities has functions to update the Kobo database. That initial 'possessing' is making entries into the Kobo, That does not change on a resend.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 12:42 PM   #5
spartanhooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Kobo utilities has functions to update the Kobo database. That initial 'possessing' is making entries into the Kobo, That does not change on a resend.
I tried both cleaning the image directory (nothing found to clean) and uploading the books' covers. Neither changed the sleep image. The "Update metadata in Device Library" dialog has lots of options, but nothing seems to include the cover image.
Old 11-26-2023, 02:53 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You may want to try rebooting (restart or power off/on) your Kobo to clean out anything that is cached in memory.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 03:33 PM   #7
spartanhooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You may want to try rebooting (restart or power off/on) your Kobo to clean out anything that is cached in memory.
That did the trick. Thank you!

Tags
calibre, cover, library